Dr Jawad in Ocala???

Smellycat
on 9/6/03 1:21 pm - New Port Richey, Fl
Hi everyone! I have my consult scheduled for 9/16 and was wondering if anyone could tell me of their experience with Dr J? Does he do high BMI patients? I have a BMI of about 54+. I also wanted to thank everyone at this site for all your wonderful stories of inspiration and encouragement.
exc98765
on 9/6/03 11:57 pm - deltona, fl
Carol....excellent choice on your Dr...Dr. Jawad did my surgery on 8/19 and could not be more pleased...he has an excellent follow-up program..his staff is great.....he is a very quite man...when you go for your consult you will 1st meet in a group setting along with everbody else who are there for the same reason you are...alot of your questions will be answered...you will then have a one on one with dr Jawad...to answer your question, yes he does do people with High BMI my was 48...If you get to choose the hospital I would choose Monroe regional medical center they are like a 5 star hotel...He does not treat you as being Morbidy obese he treats you like a PERSON.....in my book he is a 10...best of luck..Debbie
Brenda H.
on 9/7/03 1:09 pm - Apopka, FL
Hi Carol, I used Dr. J to do my WLS and I could not have been more happy with the outcome. He and his staff are very compasionate people. I had a compliction due to the meds I was taking before surgery. The meds caused me to have a severe dehydration problem, and as soon as I was at his office he had me rushed back to the hospital for the fluids I needed. I would not hesitate to go back to him again. You have made a good choice. Your WLS friend...Brenda from Apopka
Bre W.
on 9/8/03 10:24 pm
My only suggestion would be to call his office before you go and make sure you know all that should happen and what you are expected to do the day of your visit. Make a list of all your questions before your office visit. He does have very helpfully staff people.
Marion L.
on 9/9/03 11:29 pm - Fort White, FL
Carol, great choice! I had Lap-RNY with Dr. Jawad on August 25th, 03 and am doing wonderful. He is such a wonderful Doctor. Very, very talented. You will be impressed when you meet him. He has a great aftercare program and everybody in his office is very kind and helpful. Try to write down all your questions before you go. He will probably answer a lot of them during the presentation, but he will take as much time as you need to answer all your questions. Concerning insurance, Sandra is the one you will be talking to, she will probably be there as well. Ask her all the questions you might have concerning your insurance requirements. Good Luck. Again I feel he is the BEST Dr. out there. Marion
Smellycat
on 9/10/03 2:12 am - New Port Richey, Fl
Thank you all for your replies, I haven't met Dr. J yet, but I already feel good about him doing my surgery. I'm looking forward to the 16th and hoping for surgery as soon as possible. Congrats to all the "losers" and good luck pre-ops. I can't wait to get healthy!
Dana F.
on 10/31/03 5:56 pm - Pace, FL
Does he operate on ppl with a BMI of 70? Sad to say.....thats my current BMI.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views