G-Tube

exc98765
on 9/3/03 7:57 am - deltona, fl
I am 16 days post-op and having a terrible time with the darn G- Tube...it is fine as long as I am in the sitting position but as soon as I stand up it feels like someone is stabbing me with a hot poker iron....any suggestions...Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/03 8:36 am - Fort Myers, FL
Sorry Debbie I have no advice to offer on the G-tube as I never had one. I hope you get it out soon. Also, I read in your profile that you were confused about vitamins. I noticed some of the amounts you listed (esp. B12) seemed low. I found a site last night that seems to have current recommendations. www.bariblend.com I'm not suggesting you get your vitamins from them, they just have a clear chart with good suggestions. Good luck Lynda ME/FL
GeorgineVJ
on 9/3/03 10:57 am - Caribou, ME
Vitamins are a tough one. I have been through my booklet multiple times and there are different amounts for different times after surgery... and different people have different recommendations. Sorry about the G tube - I didn't have any tubes or drains at all so I don't know what you're going through. I hope it gets better soon for you.
cutebrunette 1.
on 9/9/03 12:34 am - Orlando, FL
I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and still have mine. It is scheduled to come out on the 17th. It will not be one moment too soon. I walk half the time like an old crippled woman. I have found that Gold Bond Spray or Bactine Spray will give me temporary relief, but nothing long term. I was told the longer it stays in the more uncomfortable it becomes. I will ache with you, because I experience exactly the same symptoms. I feel as though I am being BRANDED!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views