Jacksonville, Fl Medicaid HMO United Health Care ..I need Help

904dezinerstouch
on 9/29/09 8:02 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/10/18
I live in Jacksonville and I have been on medicaid for a couple of years due to financial dificulties we get dealt in life. Florida is a reform state for medicaid where you are forced to enroll in a HMO...Good or Bad ...I have had United Healthcare  M*Plus for 2 yrs now and have lately heard no one can enroll in this plan anymore. I have been researching bariatric surgeries for years and tried to talk myself out of it and tried dieting. Since I became 34yrs young..lol  my weight has increased to 311lbs and my height is 5'1, I have acid reflux, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and for 10 years edema on my lower ankles and feet, I swell up so bad I can hardly wear shoes, which has caused me to lose many jobs. I believe I am really ready to get some type of surgery. I was blessed to have found this site. Can anyone help me with information on a surgeon that accepts my medicaid insurance????? from reading the forums I'm pretty sure their is no one in Jax who takes it but, I am not far from St. Augustine or Ocala at this point I will go to Orlando or Tampa. I am desperate and stressed out about this. Please help
AshleyDillo
on 9/29/09 10:43 am - Tallahassee, FL

Check with North Florida Surgeons to see if they take that insurance.  All of their patients have to go through Novus Centers for the whole process.  Their website is: http://www.yournovus.com/

I've had a great experience with them.  They stress a continuing relationship with support groups after surgery.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

904dezinerstouch
on 9/29/09 10:43 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/10/18
I will...Thanks ashley
Redhaired
on 10/2/09 12:33 am - Mouseville, FL
Finding a surgeon in Florida that accepts Medicaid has always been a little tricky.   You might want to check with Dr. Murr in Tampa or Dr Reinke in Clearwater.  I believe they may take Medicaid although I do not know which plan.  My best advice would be to just go down the list of Florida surgeons and call everyone.  I remember a few years back some folks were having to change their medicaid carrier in order to find a surgeon that would accept it.  I just do not recall which carrier they had to change to!

Red

Harry Potter
on 10/3/09 10:30 pm - Hollywood, FL
I have florida medicaid, and I was forced to enroll in an HMO as well, My surgeon took me in and I was approved immediately.
And I didn't have as many co-morb as many others all I had were:
Back Pain, sleep apnea

Revision RNY 05/14/2014

Current Weight: 197

islegirl37
on 10/4/09 10:32 pm
No help with the Insurance question. Just wanted to say Good luck and Best Wishes. Please keep us posted.
Ptricogirl
on 10/21/09 2:50 am - Jacksonville, FL
Havew you tried calling the Jacksonville Weight Loss Center?  Dr. Robert Cywes and Dr. Michael Baptista mainly specialize in Lap Band surgery.  I have not met Dr. Baptista, but I have Dr. Cywes and I love him!!
My Lap Band surgery is tomorrow, Oct 22.
Good luck to you and best wishes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views