Post-Op 12 days - checkup 9/4/03

Anita R.
on 8/31/03 6:29 am
What can I expect when they take out the staples? Is it painful? I am a big baby when it comes to pain, especially if needles or staples are involved. I wanted to thank everyone for all their support!
Mirabelle
on 8/31/03 8:50 am
Anita, Congratulations! I have been following you and Georgina's posts for about 2 months. I am so excited for both of you. I can't tell you anything about post op since I am not there yet but hopefully will be. My internist knows my surgeon very well so I am hoping things will go quick and very smoothly.
Joseph N.
on 8/31/03 9:30 am - Clearwater, FL
Anita: The staples are nothing to be concerned about. When your doctor takes them out it feels like a pinch that only lasts a second. You will do just fine. Joe in Clearwater
Joseph N.
on 8/31/03 9:30 am - Clearwater, FL
Anita: The staples are nothing to be concerned about. When your doctor takes them out it feels like a pinch that only lasts a second. You will do just fine. Joe in Clearwater
GeorgineVJ
on 8/31/03 10:31 am - Caribou, ME
Good thing I'm not too afraid of needles. Home health nurse was here this am to draw blood and stuck twice and dug around for a good 5 min each time and couldn't find any veins. Not so thrilled about it.. they're coming back tomorrow morning to do it some more. I'm getting ready to go to my PCP's - the phlebotomist on site there always gets it the first time. *sigh* I'm still having a REALLY hard time getting enough fluids in. 2 oz. has never been so much in my LIFE! I hope this changes soon.
minameizsarah
on 8/31/03 5:05 pm
Hi Anita. I am sarah. I have not had the surgrey yet, but I am looking into it. However, I did have a Csection about 2 years ago and I had Staples. They took them out 2 days later and I was more scared about that than child birth itself!! But actually I did not feel it at all. They used a little hand held thing that bends the staples in to an M shape so they slide right out. Also I guess I had lost alot of my feeling where the doctor had cut me open. I can pinch where my scar is and I don't feel it at all. I don't know if that happens to everyone or not? But don't worry I am sure if you made it through recovery you can make it through your staple removal! Just close your eyes and pretend the doctor is drawing on your abdomen or something. Sometimes the idea hurts alot worse than the action! Good Luck, take care and congratulations on your surgrey!
exc98765
on 9/1/03 7:35 am - deltona, fl
Anita....had my staples and JP drain out last week and I too was scared to death...no pain at all....(not kidding)....now I have to wait for the G tube to be removed on 9/24....congrats on your super weightloss...Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views