where can I find a support group

Holly M.
on 8/31/03 4:08 am - Lehigh Acres, Fl
I'am 6 weeks post-op and since my surgery was done in Clearwater Fl. I can not attend their support groups. Is there one here in the Ft. Myers area ? If anyone knows the time and place I would be greatful
GeorgineVJ
on 8/31/03 10:32 am - Caribou, ME
Holly, Leslie Elwood is a DS patient of Dr. Haicken's and she lives in Ft. Myers area. Perhaps she knows... if you search past posts on the DS board on Dr. H's website you can click on her profile and get her email address. Good Luck!
lisac
on 8/31/03 10:41 am
Holly, Dr. Lenny Benitez has started a program in Fort Myers. I believe he is having support group meetings--you should give him a try.
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/03 11:42 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Holly-I know that US Bariatrics has support groups at Sw regional monthly. Their website has the schedule. I'm probably going to try that one when I come back down. Also as the previous poster mentioned Dr. Benitez. Somebody else posted something back a long time ago about a new support group and I am going to try to copy another post about another support group. Good luck Lynda ME/FL Original Post by April Daniels at 9:13 PM EST on 06/15/2003 Cape Coral, FL When I started on my quest for a bariatric surgeon, I could not find one closer than Tampa. However, when my mother's boss also decided to have surgery, she found surgeon Dr. Mark Liberman at the Florida Cleveland Clinic in Naples. She has had her surgery & is doing great. I am now Dr. Liberman's patient, have JUST rec'd surgery approval from my insurance company, and am scheduled for surgery on Aug. 4th. If you live in the Ft. Myers/Naples area, check Dr. Liberman out. I had a wonderful experience with all of the doctors and staff that I encountered at the Clinic!! There is a support group meeting every 3rd Tuesday of the month and anyone interested is welcome to attend. I attended last month and the group varied from those just starting out, those a few weeks out from surgery, to a few who were 1.5 - 2 yrs. post-op.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views