Progress report - pow frogs, strange noises...

GeorgineVJ
on 8/30/03 2:46 am - Caribou, ME
OK guys, I am still here. I started trying to take my meds (actigall, iron, etc.) this morning and after the actigall and iron (1 hour apart) my tummy hurt a little... like it was too full. Waiting for this pain/fullness to subside before I try more. Anyone have trouble getting their meds/supplements/fluids in during the first few days at home? Also went for my first outing last night. Went to grocery store with hubby to get sugar free jello and puddings (in prep for next week). I can't stand crystal lite anymore. Too much flavor, can barely handle popsicles. And as far as the weird title of this post goes.. the strange noises are hearing my guts wake up and move gas along. Yesterday was the worst as far as gas goes. The pow frogs are a reference to some pretty weird dreams I've been having. I believe they're induced by the Lortab (liquid narcotic pain relief) - at least that's what I hope, that they're not some surrealist representation of my state of mind.... I had this dream that Ian and I owned some weird contemporary style open space home made out of colored concrete in the genre of the movie "Gattaca" - we rented out our swimming pool/patio area to community groups and one night when I went out to swim there were "Pow Frogs" all over the place. These frogs had two spots on their heads that exploded like cap guns every time they croaked. You can just imagine... ribbet bang! ribbet bang! I woke up with a mental note to myself that I *HAD* to remember that one. I will probably share it at the next support group meeting I go to so they can have a few laughs. Ribbet BANG! Until my next post.... thanks for all your good thoughts and kind words. - GVJ
Anita R.
on 8/30/03 5:27 am
Georgine - I found that I had issues trying to get all stuf down too. Try mixing 1/2 crystal lite with 1/2 water...I found it tastes better. I too had the same sounds of gas - are you taking protein? When I started adding protein - hunger pains (gaseous sounds went away). Anyway - keep up the GREAT work and let me know how you are doing.
GeorgineVJ
on 8/30/03 6:36 am - Caribou, ME
Hi Anita: still waiting on my protein powder to arrive from Vitalady.com. I could go buy some locally but I am happy to wait a few more days. They are supposed to ship this week. If I get another notice I may ask a local if I can buy some samples from them. Tuesday I will be one week and can eat more full liquids rather than just the clears I have been on. Ribbet Pow!
GeorgineVJ
on 8/30/03 12:52 pm - Caribou, ME
Well tomorrow is day 3 at home. If I still have trouble getting fluids in then I will for sure go to the store and look for some atkins shakes. I need to do something. i have found my taste has changed - I like blander stuff now and can get nauseated easily just from a memory. Say the word Go-lytely and I am just about ready to hurl. My skin is also drier and I am colder, which is weird. I felt a lot of hunger today but also had some pain and difficulty with fullness. I think it must be that I'm still swollen inside and the fluids are taking a few minutes to leave my pouch. I'm really loving sf jello and i don't mind the popsicles too much. i want hot cereal though and yogurt. looking forward to next week and seeing if i tolerate dairy or not. Thanks for the insight re: atkins shakes. I was trying to stay away from shakes as much as possible but if I will have a hard time eating etc. then I will have to use them to supplement. I'm going to look into it. walking and getting out is feeling really good, though I tire easily and need to rest. I napped a lot less today though.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views