DDDenied BY United Health Care

Bre W.
on 8/27/03 7:47 am
I received that very sad news on the phone today. Apparently, the insurance company denied me on Aug 25. Can any one help I am not sure how to proceed. Does anyone have a letter they used for an appeal process? I think I read that awhile ago. Please share that information.
Robin W.
on 8/27/03 9:27 am - Sanford, FL
Bre, did they say what the denial was based on? My policy had a written exclusion and that is almost impossible to fight. I have a pretty good appeal letter if you would like it. It's not doing me much good. I know how you feel, Hon. :o(
Bre W.
on 8/27/03 12:09 pm
I read my policy today and it says that any obesity treatment is exclused unless medically necessary. I would love to have a copy of your letter. Thanz Robin.
Melissa P.
on 8/27/03 5:06 pm
Bre and Robin, Sorry to hear you both have had so much trouble with insurance. I know it can be very frustrating and disappointing, and disheartening. Please don't give up. either of you. Keep fighting until there is no fight left. I heard today at my first consult that UHC automatically turns down everyone. This website http://www.lvcm.com/njtomato/ is a good source of information. It has all sorts of appeal letters, and she has a lot of good links, too, and will answer email. Maybe you could find some good info on this website. Don't give up, please, remember that this is a fight for your life....so give it all youve got. hugs, melissa
sissi818
on 8/28/03 2:29 am - Orange Park, Fl
RNY on 01/31/03 with
Bre, You should get a letter of denial and it will tell you why it was denied. I deal with insurance everyday and I know what a pain they can be. What kind of insurance do you have? If it is an EPO...then it is because they have exclusions for anything that is obesity not just surgery. I know that UHC requires a letter of medical necess. from the surgeon and a psych consult for approval. Hope this helps and if you need more info please contact me at [email protected] or telephone number 904-215-8484. Susan Williams Patient Advocate Laparoscopic Weight Loss Surgery Center Jacksonville, Fl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views