I'm Screwed

Robin W.
on 8/25/03 10:28 am - Sanford, FL
Well, the attorney told me today that the language used by UHC in its exclusion was iron-clad, legal, and there was nothing he could do to help me. We cannot qualify for a loan, so self-pay is out of the question. We are filing our appeal anyway, but doubt that it will do any good. My husband is looking into what his VA ins. has to offer and we are petitioning his employer to choose another insurance company or a more inclusive policy when they come up for renewal in December. I doubt, with our recent bankruptcy, that WISH will finance it for us either. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. :o(
GeorgineVJ
on 8/25/03 10:43 am - Caribou, ME
Robin, I'm so so sorry to hear this. It sounds like self pay or switching insurance carriers are the only options. I have heard local folks here have used Tricare successfully.. maybe the VA ins will come through for you...? Good luck and please don't give up. I pray you'll find a way. Some doctors may give you a lower rate (since the insurance screws them anyway they might be willing to offer you the same rate privately), perhaps you can price the other procedures... eg. vbg done lap? Perhaps you can find someone willing to do a payment plan with you?
Anita R.
on 8/25/03 10:17 pm
Robin - Well, what news! I am so sorry to hear the attorney's opinion on the insurance case. I am very glad to hear that you are going through with the appeal - you never know! Sometimes insurance companies work very odd. Maybe your husband's VA insurance might also offer some sort of support for you in getting your surgery. As hard as this is - please do NOT give up and try to continue to be persistent in your journey through these obstacles. Maybe there is also hope with the employer switching plans. I will keep you in my continued prayers and will also keep in touch with you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views