Musings on Golytely!

GeorgineVJ
on 8/25/03 12:38 am - Caribou, ME
O - M - G !!!!!!!!!!!! Let me just say this is quite possibly the NASTIEST stuff that has ever touched my tougue. I'll be amazed if I ever want food AGAIN after drinking this stuff. I tasted it first without crystal lite in it and there was just no way. So I dumped lemonade into it and it's now like hint-o'-lemon and NASTY. EWW. My DH is being so sweet and encouraging... "Why don't you go sit on the potty, honey? I'm scared you're going to make a mess...!" Anyway, I will get this stuff down and hopefully I'll be OK. See you on the other side!
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/03 2:15 am - Fort Myers, FL
Georgine, I guess I should feel lucky that I got to take magnesium citrate, not the golightly! Good luck to you. I'll be looking forward to seeing updates on your progress. Lynda ME/FL
MissPriss
on 8/25/03 3:30 am - North, FL
Georgine - don't want to make you feel worse, but I didn't do any kind of "purge" prior to surgery. I was lap RNY, are you going to be open? Anyway, I just knew I was going to have to do the whole routine you're doing. My cousin had to and she has some hilarious stories, now, about that time. Of course, it's been 4 years, so time does heal some wounds. Best of luck - you will get through this. Tomorrow is the first day of your new life. God Bless.
Kathleen L.
on 8/25/03 6:36 am - Pensacola, FL
Georgine, Pretty nasty stuff....you have my agreement there. Anyway, just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow. May God keep you safe and may you have a speedy recovery. See you on the "losing" side. Hugs, Kathy
Bre W.
on 8/25/03 1:15 pm
I am sending positive vibes your way for your journey to the other side. May lady luck guide your path. You deserve the best for all you do for people like me who visit the site. best wishes.
Teresa J.
on 8/26/03 3:00 am - Jacksonville, FL
That is just too funny. I work at Memorial Hospital here in Jacksonville,and everyone on our floor calls Golytely Goquickly.I know that stuff has to suck.I have seen grown men that ingest foreign bodies (razor blades,paper clips,batteries,etc.)CRINGE at the thought of drinking it.Best wishes to you on your Re-Birthday.I'll be praying for your speedy recovery...........T
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views