Two sleeps to go! Golytely tomorrow...

GeorgineVJ
on 8/24/03 2:32 pm - Caribou, ME
OK guys, here I go. Tomorrow morning I am doing the Golytely routine. I have heard conflicting stories as to it's taste and ability to make one vomit as well as the job it's supposed to do. I have my compazine handy, and my crystal light in case the taste is awful - I didn't want to mix it in until I tasted the golytely first. Didn't really hear the Atkins Diet 2 weeks preop that my surgeon has just started recommending until now, so guess my liver will just have to be as is for now... I hope that it's not in the way. I am looking forward to my new adventure and just got all my vitamins and protein powder and been slowly gathering my hospital supplies (wipes, fan, personal stuff, books, etc.). I'm just hoping to be able to manage the post op pain OK. I am mentally prepared for the complete change in routine and the new diet and lifestyle. Oh, I'm sure there will still be huge adjustments to make and that I'll have stress over it, but I am at least in a good mental state of being at peace with the whole process and looking forward to a new start. Wish me luck. I'll drop in between trips to the bathroom to let ya'll know how it's going (if anyone cares to know! eww... Too much information!). Tuesday is the day! I'll be back soon - I have left my DH with instructions how to post for me after my surgery. Wish me luck!
Anita R.
on 8/24/03 11:42 pm
Georgine - It's hard to believe your time is here so quick. My prayers go out to you, your family and especially your surgeon during this time. I pray for God to touch your surgeon's hands and lead and guide him for an uneventful procedure and a fast recovery. You have touched my life by a lot of your messages you have posted and I want you to know that I am here if you need to just talk (407-971-2164). Best of luck to you and know that all of your online support buddies are cheering you on in your WLS journey!
GeorgineVJ
on 8/25/03 12:37 am - Caribou, ME
Thank you so much! I have really appreciated the supportive atmosphere around here as well.. so many really amazing people have taken the time to post on my surger support page as well as written me personal emails... It's really encouraging to get these notes of support and well-wishes. Well, I'm off to continue my Golytely (which you'll see another post about soon!). Thanks, again for your kind words and prayers! See you on the other side!
seaworld
on 8/25/03 11:37 am - mcdonough, ga
Hi there i will praying for you!!!!!!!! i wish you the best of luck, you will do just wonderful!!!!!!!!!! sending you tons of smiles to you susie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views