For Bre Williams

GeorgineVJ
on 8/23/03 1:03 am - Caribou, ME
Hi Bre, for some reason your email bounces back to me with an error message. Is it possible it was mistyped in your OH profile or something? Anyway in regard to your question, NO I was not denied at first. The insurance company DID take over 5 weeks to approve me, and they have a very specific process that they follow - for example, the doctor's office is NOT allowed to send in ALL of your information at the get-go. They submit only what UHC asks for at the beginning, then your case is assigned to a UHC care coordination/predetermination nurse, and then after they get a chance to review it (4-5 weeks! They must be swamped with requests), they ask your surgeon's office to forward any more information that they require. Usually once this is done it only takes a day or two. They inform your surgeon's office if you are approved or not, and an official letter from UHC either way is generated and mailed directly to you. Since I was approved on my first try, I cannot advise you on their appeals process. Best wishes and good luck - I hope you are approved on your first try.
Bre W.
on 8/23/03 10:03 pm
Thanx Georgine I will have to check my email address on my profile.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views