abcessed staple line

DeannaS
on 8/16/03 11:37 pm
Ok the long and short of my surgery is that it went ok. I went in on the 5th and came home on the 9th. Everything was going ok the a couple of days ago my incision became so painful that it knocked me back to bed. I could hardly move. The long and short of it was that my incision line abcessed from the inside. It is now draining wonderfully and I have no feaver and I'm on liquid Cipro. YUCK!!! Thank God I work as a vet tech. We do lot's of abcesses and had the ability to remove a couple of staples at the doctors ok to get a nice opening for constant drainage. Lots of packing and I hope to get a good report tomorrow on my work from the surgeon, Let you know what he says. I feel so much better today than I have in a long time. Good luck everyone and lots of hugs and love.
Anita R.
on 8/17/03 12:26 am
Deanna - Sorry to hear that your incision line abcessed. I hope you are doign better and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am due to go in for surgery on Tuesday and have been experiencing a lot of anxiety lately...up at all hours of the night and emotional. My boyfriend is not very supportive right now - I think he is one of my sabatogers in life. I was up the past couple days @ 1:30 - 3:00 timeframe and having problems sleeping - we were suppose to go to the beach today with my sister and her family and then do a bit of fishing and I am just not up to it - needless to say he went fishing anyway. Actually it may be better, because I can have some peace and relaxation. I go in on Tues (8/19/03) for my surgery and I have an appointment tomorrow night with Dr. Overcash prior to the surgery to discuss my liver and what he expects.
Melissa P.
on 8/21/03 6:24 pm
gosh deanna, i sure hope you are feeling better now. it stinks that you had problems with the staple line. praying for you to have a speedy recovery....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views