Gaining after surgery

Bre W.
on 8/13/03 1:19 am
I was talking to my brother about WLS and he said that he knows of a young lady *****gained a huge amount of weight after RNY. Is that possible and has anyone ever heard of that?
GeorgineVJ
on 8/13/03 1:28 am - Caribou, ME
Yes, it's possible. Most of the time it is due to a blown staple line or the individual not using their tool correctly. There are pouch rules that must be followed for the rest of your life or the weight will be regained. WLS is NOT a magic solution - please PLEASE PLEASE do your research first before having it done. If you're going to go through all the trouble of surgery then please also go through the trouble of having a lifestyle change as well. If you follow the rules you will be successful.
faybay
on 8/13/03 8:19 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
I totally agree with Georgine. Surgery is a tool. You can eat around it. Some people do not exercise. Some people graze (eat small amounts around the clock). Some people who are Carb addicts believe they can handle just one piece of candy and find out it only increases their cravings. Surgery only limits the amount you can eat at one sitting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views