Thanks Anita and Georgine!

Robin W.
on 8/8/03 5:11 am - Sanford, FL
I just wanted you both to know that I got a lot of encouragement from both of you. Georgine, thanks so much for the extra info on UCH. Knowing a positive outlook is likely is helping make the wait more bearable. I really have to believe that, with my BMI and co-morbidities, they really have no grounds, whatsoever, to deny me. Now, you two girls get ready for the BIG CHANGE. I'll be keeping track and if you need anything, let me know. Hugs
Anita R.
on 8/8/03 5:30 am
Robin - You are welcome - that's what I'm here for to encourage and be encouraged. There are times that reading the messages on this site keep me going when I feel so down - we all have at least one thing in common (weight issues). As you said - I really don't forsee how in the world they could legally deny you approval for your surgery. Keep the faith!
GeorgineVJ
on 8/8/03 7:32 am - Caribou, ME
I also feel the same way - that they legally can't deny you the right to this surgery. I don't know if this is law or not, but I think insurance companies are supposed to cover anything Medicare will cover, and Medicare covers this surgery. The only exceptions I have heard of for coverage (legit - not just insurance automatic first letter denials) are a written policy exclusion by the group policyholder, or some condition making surgery not an option for you (Dr. doesn't want to operate due to liability risk). Keep the faith - if you need encouragement don't hesitate to post. This is a pretty friendly and encouraging family!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views