In Need of Support Group In Orlando

csquitie
on 9/18/09 12:27 pm
Hey Everyone,
     I had my surgery in Miami, however, I live in Orlando...I am really interested in attending a support group up her. I attended when I was back home and I found them extremely helpful. If anyone knows of one and where and when it's held I would gladly appreciate it.
 Thanks
Corgi Mom !.
on 9/18/09 7:28 pm, edited 9/18/09 7:35 pm - sunny, FL
Dr Jawad has many support Group meetings in orlando 

Support Group (public welcome)

What Relationshipes Among People After Bariat
When September 28, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Where 5617 Major Blvd
Orlando, FL, 32819
Click here for map

Directions Comfort Inn Suites 407-363-1967

Description Dr. Asha Velisetty, Psychiatrist, will be giving a seminar based on relationships among people after bariatric surgery. When people lose weight and become more attractive, their frineds, family members and lovers often become concerned and relationships may "fall apart". It's a good idea to understand how to deal with these issues with an expert like Dr. Velisetty.

Contact Phone 352-351-5770
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
Debbie D.
on 9/19/09 12:41 am - Orlando, FL
I just saw you post and didn't know if you are aware of the support group from US Bariatric that meets in Lake Mary (on the north side of Orlando) on the first Tuesday of each month.  I have been to one meeting so far, my surgery is scheduled for 9/28, and they seemed like a really nice group.  It is led by the post-surgical psychologist from thier St. Augustine office along with several of the ladies from the Orlando office.  When I went they had a guest speaker on plastic surgery options, which was really interesting.

They meet from 7:30 - 8:30pm at the Lake Mary Community Center, 260 North Country Club Road, Lake Mary, Fl 32746

Hope you can make the next one in October!

ladyobub
on 10/3/09 11:18 pm
Dr. Keith Kim has a wonderful support group at Florida Hospital Celebration.  I can highly recommend it. Just contact his office to get all the information. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views