Panama City & Tallahassee

kp_blondie
on 7/24/03 12:10 am - FL
Hi! I am from the Tallahassee & Panama City area of Florida. I am ready to begin the approval process. If anyone has any suggestions/advice, please fill me in. I would also like to know what surgeons in my area have been used by others on this message board. My mom and dad have both had Lap RNY, but by different doctors and about 6 months apart. My mom used Dr. Billero in Tallahasse (drastic surgery, not that great aftercare). My dad used Dr. Sealoff in Tallahassee (not quite as drastic, much better aftercare). I would prefer to have my surgery in Panama City and I understand that there is a doctor here named Dr. Terracina that is pretty good. I guess I just want to explore all of my options. So, let me know what input you have! Thanks! Kami
Brenda W.
on 7/24/03 1:25 am
Kami, Terracina is great but he usually has a long waiting list. I didn't want to wait that long so I used another doctor in his office, Dr. Wilson. I could not be happier. Why Wilson is not mr. personality, he did answer all my questions and he was very good about after care. The hospital wasn't the best, but it's a hospital and what can you expect. Anyone wanting to have surgery through their office has to go to their class. It's free and scheduled twice a month. They tell you about the surgery, answer your questions, and you get to meet Dr. Terracina and his insurance person. Even better is that they have a nutritionist who speaks at the class and records your height/weight/BMI (covering your nutritionist required by insurance - for free). They won't even schedule an appointment without you attending the class. Great information and I highly recommend even if you decide to do your surgery elsewhere. Good luck!
melissa J.
on 7/31/03 2:12 pm - panama city, fl
Kami, I too used Dr. Wilson! He is great. The staff at the office is great! I haven't heard good stuff abotu Ballio(sp) in Talli. Matter of fact a good friend used him and almost died of staph infection. He refused to say it was an infection.. she had to see her reg dr out of Blountstown! Good luck! The class is great. You just have to pick the hospital you want to go too.. Hope this helped. I passed a Kidney stone 2wks out.. I had to call and Dr Wilson was on call.. so he and I talked through the evening and when I decided to go to the er the orders were waiting on me and he called and checked with the ER to make sure I made it there and such. Plus his nurse called the next day and he had me in. He is a little dry just like his dad (who assisted on my surgery) but he does smile and laugh! I too just didn't want to wait on Dr. T.. plus Dr. Wilson has been assisting him from the beginning mainly. Terri will help you at the office the best she can! Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views