US Bariatric

maxine B.
on 7/23/03 8:11 am - altamonte springs, fl
Hi, my surgery is scheduled for August 13, 2003. I am interested in chatting with anyone who may be having or have had Dr. Marema as their surgeon. I live in Orlando and have to travel to Ft Lauderdale and stay for 10 days. Was very curious about the pureed food, YUK , that is on the menu . Would love to hear from anyone.
Brenda H.
on 7/31/03 2:39 am - Apopka, FL
Hi Maxine, I had my WLS on the 9th and I'm doing great. I have lost on average a pound a day. I know that the doc says not to weigh everyday, but I find it too hard not to. I did not use your doc. I used DR> Jawad out of Ocala. I too live in the Orlando area. I had my WLS on Wed and went home the next evening. I was real sore and the trip home was a doozie, but I just wqanted to get home. Here is some advice that I have not seen other WLS pts post. Take your own pillows as they are so much more comfortable than the hospitals. Take a good pair of slippers as you will be doing a bunch of walking. The walking helps to get your strength back and to help move gas from your innerds. I took a bunch of nice gowns to wear, but where the drain and the g-tube (if your doc uses them) leak fluid for a few days and this will stain your gowns. I wore the good old hospital gowns and let my but hang out whlile in the room and covered up with my robe while walking in the halls. I hope this helps you. I wish you well and will add you to my prayer list as I truely so believe in the power of prayer. Your WLS friend...Brenda from Apopka
ROBIN T.
on 9/9/03 1:08 am - FT LAUDERDALE, FL
Hi there, I had my surgery with Dr. Marema on 9/11/02. they are the greatest group of doctors around, I am extremely happy with them. How are you doing? I live across the street from their offices, If you are ever in town again, email me. Or if you'd like to chat let me know!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views