My date is 10/6/09 and now this?

Surrealistmyst
on 9/16/09 1:05 am - NJ
So Monday I picked up some paper work from my dr's office and now I need to see a heart dr, a lung dr, have a chest x-ray, and blood work and all to be done and faxed by 9/22??

It's not right.  They should have told me this info a while back so I could have had it all done in time.  So now since I'm only off on Mondays all of those appts are setup for Monday!  I will be VERY busy! 

What should I expect at the heart dr appt and the lung dr appt?  Is it usually just one appt or more? 

Thanks in advance!
sandyfeets
on 9/17/09 11:46 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
 Having a cardiologist and pulmonologist clear you for surgery is a GOOD thing.
Cardio doc----will listen, do an EKG,  and generally make sure your heart can stand the stress of surgery.  They "might" make you do a stress test.  If so, expect to be fully  winded and think you've run a mile... mine did.  But said all things considered, my heart was just fine and I'd sail through surgery.
Pulmonologist will listen to you breathe, make you breathe into a machine to measure lung capacity and function.  They want to make sure that your airway and lungs are healthy.
This is critical if you have had bronchitis multiple times or have asthma.

I have mild asthma, so my PCP wanted me to get clearance, even though the surgeon didn't require it. My surgeon said when he got the results that it was a wise move on my PCP's part, since that doctor had been seeing me the longest and KNEW my history.
Cardio doc---1-2 appt's
Pulmonologist- 1 appt.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views