Surgeon in Miami

shelly R.
on 7/10/03 4:48 am - miami, fl
Does anyone know of a good lap band surgeon in miami or ft. lauderdale who takes United Health Care. i've heard of Dr. jacobs and gonzalez. they take united but the hospital they perform the surgery doesn't . someone help. thanks.
BEVERLY T.
on 7/10/03 6:43 am - DELRAY BEACH, FL
I also have United Health Care. I am seeing Dr Szomstein in Weston. The 2 Drs there may do the lap band. I am have Rny lap done on Sept 23rd. I am waiting for approval now from UH.. The drs and hospital are great. It is a new hospital. I have seen great reviews about both on this site.
Maridee B.
on 7/10/03 2:25 pm - Miramar, FL
Carol: As a followup to Beverly's post, I am a patient of Dr Rosenthal - he is Dr Szomstein's partner at the Cleveland Clinic. While I cannot attest to them accepting United Health, I can attest that they both do the lap band. They are highly recommended surgeons with over 700 surgeries under their belt and a decent follow-up support system in place. Don't know how they divide the patients other than Dr Rosenthal handles the SMO patients. God Luck on your search.
shelly R.
on 7/10/03 3:58 pm - miami, fl
thank you both for responding. i will check into it. thanks
Sweet K.
on 7/18/03 11:06 am
Are you sure about the hospital not taking United Health Care? I'm pretty sure Baptist and South Miami both accept UHC. In fact they provide an employer funded insurance thru UHC to their employess. Would be weird if they didn't accept it. Just a suggestion. Good luck Kiki
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views