No Lap Bands?

Tiffany D.
on 7/8/03 8:50 am - Royal Palm Beach, FL
I have been researching this procedure quite a bit and have decided to go through with it, but it seems that NO ONE in Palm Beach County does the lap band operation. I have already gone to my general practitioner and gotten complete cooperation from her, but finding a surgeon is near to impossible. I found Dr. Benitez in Ft. Lauderdale on here, but I'm not sure if he does the Lap Band. Unfortunately, I can't trust this site to tell me what surgeons really do, since it showed that Dr. Liem did Lap Bands, and after I got my referral for him and called his office, I was shot down, being told they have never done that. If anyone can help out there, it would be really really appreciated! I am only 22, and I want to be able to run and play with my 13 month old son.
Linda Ann E.
on 7/8/03 10:04 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Hi Tiffany As far as I know Dr. Benitez does them, but he is no longer in FT. Lauderdale he is in Fort Myers. Did u contact the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Dr. Rosanthal...or Dr. Marema in Ft. Lauderdale. Dont give up...they are out there and u will find one... If u wanna contact me I would be more then happy to help u in yer pursuit.
ANITA R.
on 7/8/03 11:14 pm - Oviedo, FL
I just wanted to let you know I have seen and heard a lot of bad things about several of the doctors in Ft. Lauderdale. You can check online status with State of FL regarding a doctors credituals at www.myflorida.com - this will also give you a link with the number of lawsuits pending on that doctor. I highly suggest you do a background check on the doctor of your choose prior to your surgery. I have chosen Dr. Overcash in Ocala, FL maily because of all the positive feedback regarding this doctor...this is my life and I cheri**** so I choose one of the best doctors covered under my insurance plan.
Linda Ann E.
on 7/15/03 6:18 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Tiffaney Check out Dr. Muhamad Jawad in Ocala....he does the lap bands and my friend is having his RNY done with the doc....he has done several and have heard nuttin but good revues from patients....
shelly R.
on 7/15/03 3:10 pm - miami, fl
hi, tiffany. my name is shelly. i'm 24. i was wondering if you were able to find a lap band doctor in palm beach. i'm gonna call dr. liem office tomorrow. can you please let me know what you find out. thanks.
Kimberly C.
on 7/18/03 1:06 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
Try Dr. Vaughn in Jupiter. I hear he is wonderful, and he does Lap-Bands.
April H.
on 8/19/03 1:57 pm - Port Orange, FL
Tiffany I am the clinical coordinator for LifeShape of Florida in Melbourne, FL. Dr. Mark Fusco is now doing the lap banding at Melbourne Same Day Surgery Center. Hope this helps. Email me and I will let you know when our next patient information seminar is. April
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views