Are you Post-Op?

Christa E.
on 7/1/03 5:19 pm - Portland, OR
Then I need your help! I'm Christa, 26 y/o professional female. I recently moved to Portland, OR. Because all my family is in Vero Beach, I want to have the surgery there. I'm not too concerned about the pre-op stuff, but wondering what everyone's opinion is on post-op? Do I need to be in the same state as my surgeon or can I find someone in Portland to do the follow-up work. I know there are great support groups around here. Is that enough?? Thanks for everyone's continued support! Christa
Joseph N.
on 7/1/03 11:19 pm - Clearwater, FL
Christa: With the frequency that people now go to Mexico for this surgery you should not have any problems at all. Joe in Clearwater.
Linda Ann E.
on 7/1/03 11:59 pm - Lehigh Acres, FL
Christa Im not post op but I would think that the surgeoun would want u to stay in the area for a time frame after surgery, the surgeons that I have talked with patients have said they had to stay in the area until the tube was removed, which the surgeon im lookin to use said approx 10 days...depends on the person... but then after that I agree with Joe, that so many people are travelin to have this done, that everything should be good...just encourage you to seek out those support groups.
Cheryl S.
on 7/2/03 9:53 pm - Tallahssee, FL
Christa- It depends on the surgeon and his method. For instant, with my surgeon there was no tubes to worry about taking out. You will need to investigate and talk to the surgeons in Vero beach you are wanting to use and find out their policy. Although I did wonderful after surgery I couldn't have imagine having to get back on a plane for a flight from one end of the coutry to another. Would it be possible for a family memeber to fly to Portland and take care of you there? My mom came in to help me, because my husband couldn't be there the whole time. That may be an easier solution.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views