Looking for Blue Cross provider

garywill
on 6/26/03 12:33 pm - Sun Valley, NV
I live in Jacksonville, FL and have been researching the different types of WLS. My wife is a surgical nurse and suggested Lap Band but wonder if RNY would be better. I have BC of Delaware (PPO) and they use BC of Florida for their providers. With providers they cover at 90%. Does anyone know of surgeons that cover BC in Jacksonville or within about 100 miles? Thanks.
Brenda H.
on 6/26/03 12:45 pm - Apopka, FL
Hi Gary, I looked under bariatric surgeons for Jacksonville. There were 2 that were listed a Dr.Hosein Yasrebi and Dr. Steve Webb. I don't know if they take BCBS or not but you can go to their sites and mabe that will tell you. I'm having an open RNY on July 9th think good thoughts for me. I hope your journey is without any major bumps in the road....Brenda from Apopka
mom2akj
on 6/26/03 7:55 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Gary- I live in Jacksonville and am 7 months post op. Dr. Yasrebi did not accept my insurance (AvMed) and, after researching, he had very strict guidelines for approval by his office. I ended up having my surgery done by Dr. Hocking in Gainesville. He required almost nothing pre-op, only focused on getting me healthier since I had so many comorbidities. He routinely ONLY operates on those who have other comorbidities. I understand Overcash is very well liked in Ocala and I have a couple of friends who have used Dr. Henderson's group in Brunswick. Hope this helps.
ANITA R.
on 6/26/03 11:50 pm - Oviedo, FL
Gary - I live in Oviedo (Orlando area) and I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO. Try this url to assist in your search: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/findadoc.phtml. I use Dr. Overcash in Ocala, FL. Anita
Melissa K.
on 7/3/03 11:30 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Gary, I live in Jax and I had surgery 6/9/03 with Dr. Thoburn in Gainesville. That group accepts most Blue Cross plans. The name of the group is The Center for Obesity Surgery, phone (352) 331-5255 or 1-800-342-6057. It's easy to get to from here-allow 1.5 hrs travel time. email me if you want more info. Melissa Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views