OH Atlanta Conference

John Hoffmann
on 9/10/09 10:57 am - Baltimore, MD
OK fellow South Floridians, time for an updated roll call for those attending the OH Conference in Atanta in November...I'm in!! 

John 

emjayel56
on 9/10/09 10:00 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

Count me in! 

Jeane
on 9/12/09 10:09 pm
 When and where?  How long?

I have not been to an OH conference..

emjayel56
on 9/12/09 10:26 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Jeanne,
I haven't either; but it sounds like a lot of fun.  Think about attending.
Maryjo
AshleyDillo
on 9/13/09 2:37 am - Tallahassee, FL
I wouldn't be able to make it until late evening on Friday.  Do you think it would be worth it to attend still?

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

John Hoffmann
on 9/13/09 3:18 am - Baltimore, MD
The formal conference is on Saturday.  Check out the "Events" section of the website for all the details.

John 

cyndil
on 9/15/09 5:04 am - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I'm a North Floridian, but I'll be there as well.  Looking forward to it.  This will be my first OH event.

Cyndi

Start / Current / Goal
260 165 / 150

John Hoffmann
on 9/15/09 8:34 am - Baltimore, MD
 Hey Cyndi, looking forward to meeting you.  BTW, do you know Angeles Love?  I used to talk to her, she had her surgery almost 3 years ago, same doc as you, used to live in Pensacola.  Havent heard from her in quite awhile, just wanted to make sure she was ok.

Be well.

John 

cyndil
on 9/15/09 10:05 pm - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
John - Thanks for the reply.  Looking forward to meeting you too.  Sorry, no, I don't know Angeles Love.  Unfortunately, I live about 2 hours from Pensacola, so don't know many of Dr. Lord's patients personally or through their support group.  Hope you're able to reach her soon and find out her status.  See you in November.

Cyndi

Start / Current / Goal
260 165 / 150

kareninflorida
on 9/17/09 6:14 pm - Rockledge, FL
I am seriously thinking about it.  Would love to go if finances will allow.  It's the weekend before my birthday, so this would be a great way to start off my birthday celebration.  (I'm going to Animal Kingdom 3 days later courtesy of the Disney Birthday Club.  YAY!)

I went to the OH conference in Orlando 4 or 5 years ago.  Unfortunately, I only stayed for the morning session because that's when I found out that (at that time) no insurance providers in Florida were covering WLS anymore.  They had all stopped covering it right around that time.  Since I knew I couldn't afford the surgery outside of insurance, there was no point in my staying at the conference.  So I felt like I paid fifty bucks (plus the cost of gas) for nothing.  I really felt defeated then.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that 5 years later, I'd be one-month post-op!    

Thank GOD the insurance companies changed their position!  And thank God for my best friend, who had her surgery in March, and suggested to me last spring that I should try checking w/my insurance provider, just to see if they had changed their coverage.
495                                       358                       195
Surgery/high weight       Current weight    Goal weight
8/17/09                             09/19/10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr