DENIED!!

Vikki L.
on 6/26/03 9:14 am - Clermont, FL
Well Gang, I have been denied by CIGNA-HMO on their requirements of 2-26 week diets.. I'm so devestated not sure what to do now. Guess I'll crawl back in my hole and hide... Soo Long, Vikki
exc98765
on 6/26/03 11:11 am - deltona, fl
Vikki....don't despair....apeal,apeal,apeal....don't crawl back in your hole and hide...I am also waiting for Cigna HMO...it has been since 6/5 and have heard nothing yet....I also did not have the 2/26....try obesitylaw.com...I here they are great at getting a reversal for lack of supervised diet history...my prayer is that God will shine in your life and you will be victorious over the situation...I will keep you in my prayers..Debbie
Brenda H.
on 6/26/03 11:29 am - Apopka, FL
Dear Vikki, don't crawl back anywhere. Get mad! I was denied twice by my ins co (Aetna). I just kept appealing and had my WLS doc and my PCP appeal too. I did not have any supervised diet history either. Just keep fighting and hold your head up high! You may have lost the battle, but you have not lost the war!!!!!I'll be praying for you..... Brenda from Apopka
ANITA R.
on 6/27/03 12:08 am - Oviedo, FL
Vicki - I am not currently in your situation for I have not yet submitted to my insurance company, but if this does happen to me - nobody is taking this away from me! Not even an insurance company - it is their job to deny claims so they can save money. They are not concerned about your best interest; therefore, I agree with the others - fight for your rights! You obviously have decided this option is for you. Be strong and know that God is on your side! Anita
ANITA R.
on 6/27/03 12:18 am - Oviedo, FL
Vikki - Found this url on this site for a draft appeal letter: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/m-instrouble.phtml Best of luck! Anita
shbama
on 6/28/03 4:16 am - Brandon, Fl
Vikki- I know just how you feel. I was denied last week by Cigna PPO for the same reason. I called my primary and the surgeon and it seems as they both bailed on me. The coordinator told me to write an appeal letter and put my heart into it. But you know what I will fight them....and will hire an attorney if i need one. So what you need to do is look at this as anotehr bum in the rode and appeal appeal appeal. Good Luck
Maridee B.
on 7/6/03 11:58 am - Miramar, FL
Oh Vikki - I am so sorry for you. I do not have the slightest idea how it feels to be denied - I'm in the consult phase - but my heart breaks for you!. However, I agree with the rest of the posters - DO NOT GIVE UP!! I know that hole you want to crawl into, I had set up residency there myself but you know there is no life there. I pray you continue your fight! ~~*~HUGS~*~~ ...Maridee in Miramar
Brunilda T.
on 7/8/03 6:55 am - Groveland, FL
Vikki do not give up, i see you are from clermont. i am here in groveland, i am your neighbor, girlfriend, do not give up, fight as hard as you can, if this is what you really want to do. Many insurance deny people the first time, sometimes twice but rarely three. go you your primary doc. tell him what happened. if he is with you on this he can do many things. start putting together a appeal letter. i have some ideas which can help you if you are interested. i live close, so do not hesitate. email me if you care to discuss this further and i will send you my phone number so we can get you started...you can beat this...Bruni
Brunilda T.
on 7/8/03 7:01 am - Groveland, FL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views