Edging closer?

Joseph N.
on 6/24/03 2:08 am - Clearwater, FL
I don't know what this means at this point. My file was sent to the insurance company last week. The insurance company called the surgeon's office to inquire if my lap roux en y was to be "long or short." Any ideas what this means?
Brenda H.
on 6/24/03 7:48 am - Apopka, FL
Hi Joe, I think that what the insurance company wanted to know is are you having the laproscopic or the lapraotomy ( where they open the abdomen). The scope kind is faster to do, therefore your time in surgery is shorter and the cost is less. I hope this helps.... Brenda in Apopka
GeorgineVJ
on 6/25/03 1:36 pm - Caribou, ME
Actually, they probably are asking if you are having the proximal or distal bypass performed. This has to do with the length of intestine that is bypassed, not your surgical scar or length of hospital stay. Proximal vs. distal probably have different procedural code numbers for coverage purposes. Usually the doctor indicates which they are performing when they submit your claim to insurance; if they forgot to include it then it would seem normal to me that they are asking about it. Good Luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views