One Step Closer

Robin W.
on 6/23/03 9:40 am - Sanford, FL
I had my 3-yr sleep study last night..my "sleep doctor" is writing a very compelling letter to the ins. company...seems my apnea is worse (not surprised). My GI doctor has already sent me a letter about the GERD and haital hernia. My PCP has already sent a letter with the particulars about my TypeII diabetes and hypertension. I feel like I'm loaded for bear. I also saw where another one of my Dr's patients was approved for wls by the same ins. company that I have and his BMI and comorbidities are not as bad as mine. I am getting so stoked because this looks like it is really gonna happen! :oD I am on pins and needles. I may have to ask my PCP for something to calm me down.
Melinda O.
on 6/23/03 12:50 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Congratulations Robin, and I hope you get a Surgery date and approval real soon!! I also have sleep apnea and CAN'T WAIT till the night I can go to bed without thinking I am trying out for a part in Star Wars as Darth Vador's girlfriend. Hopefully real soon, we will both be off the air machines. Keep me posted. Melinda
mom2akj
on 6/23/03 8:52 pm - Jacksonville, FL
WTG, Robin!! I have not used my BI-PAP since my WLS surgery and I sleep great!! Sounds like you are well on your way to approval -- I have all of these same comorbidities (although my diabetes was worse since I was on 4 insulin shots a day and it still wasn't in good control!!) - and ALL are resolved since my surgery!! You will do great!! Now, for the biggest hurdle -- the psych consult!! Better study hard!! LOL!!! Your surgery consult is Monday, right??? Can't wait for that!! Hugs, Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views