Help!

beccal
on 6/23/03 4:47 am - Near B'Ham, AL
Anyone have any tips for losing weight PREOP? My surgeon( Dr.Liem) requires me to lose enough weight to have a BMI of 50 or under. So I have bout 20 to lose before July 17th. Any suggestions would be helpful. thank u so much
Joseph N.
on 6/23/03 5:51 am - Clearwater, FL
Adkins is probably your best bet. Knock off white flour, white sugar and other sweets including fruit. Drink 8 eight oz. glasses of water per day. If you can, walk as much as you can. Joe
JoAnna R.
on 6/23/03 9:03 am - panama city, FL
there is a diet that is given to patients who are going to have heart bypass. It guarantees you to lose 56 lbs in 2 1/2 months. Its very similar to the atkins diet the key to it is drinking at least 3 glasses of grape fruit juice a day. Again staying away from bread and other carbs and plenty of meat. If you would like the full detail of the diet feel free to send me an email. would be more than glad to share it with ya. Best of luck!
JoAnna R.
on 6/24/03 10:19 am - panama city, FL
here is the diet i mentioned i my ealier post, i need to correct myself because it is 52 lbs in 2 1/2 months not 56 lbs. Hope this helps. The Grapefruit Diet This diet is given to heart patients who need to quickly loose weight for bypass surgery. In 2 ½ months you should loose 52 pounds with this diet, 12 days on diet, 2 days off diet; depending on your weight. Breakfast ½ Grapefruit or 4 oz. Unsweetened Grapefruit Juice 2 Lg. Eggs, Any style 2 Slices of Bacon, cooked medium Lunch ½ Grapefruit or 4 oz. Unsweetened Grapefruit Juice Salad, any type of dressing, any size Meat, any type, any amount Dinner ½ Grapefruit or 4 oz. Unsweetened Grapefruit Juice Meat, any type, any amount Vegetable, any red or green vegetable, cooked with any seasonings (or a salad) Coffee or Tea, 1 cup Snack Glass of Tomato Juice or Skim Milk with sweetener Instructions - 1. At any meal, you can eat until you are full or cannot eat any more. 2. Don't eliminate anything from the diet. Especially don't skip the bacon or omit the salads. It is the combination of these foods that make the diet work. 3. The grapefruit is important because it acts as a catalyst that starts the burning process. 4. Cut down on all caffeine consumption, it affects the insulin balance that helps the fat burning process (1 cup daily). 5. Do not eat in between meals. If you eat the combination of foods above you will not get hungry. 6. Do not eat desserts, breads, white vegetables or sweet potatoes. You may choose to double or triple your helping of meat, salad, and vegetables. Eat until you are full. The more you eat the proper combination of foods, the more you will loose. 7. You can loose 18 pounds in 18 days with this diet. There will be no loss for the first 4 days. You should loose 5 pounds on the 5th day. After that you should loose 1½ pounds every 2 days until you are at your desired weight. 8. Drink as much water as you like. 9. All soft drinks need to be diet and caffeine free. 10. You may not have white onions, potatoes or celery. 11. You may have red onions, bell peppers, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, spinach, lettuces, cabbage, carrots and tomatoes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views