Dr.Gonzalez (Miami) intial consult

Vicki H.
on 6/22/03 10:11 am - Miami, Fl
What should I take with me to my intial consult with Dr. Anthony Gonzalez to speed up the process? I have NHP HMO. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
ROSEMARY M.
on 6/22/03 11:36 pm - PLANTATION, FL
Hi Vicki! I have NHP (POS) -- I am going to see Dr. Szomstein in Weston. I really don't know what to bring either. I have a printout from my pharmacy evidencing that I took Phen-Fex and Xenical. I called Weigh****chers to get a letter from them and I was VERY rudely told that they don't keep records (which I find hard to believe). I am asking my ob/gyn for a letter when I see him next week and then of course, I will ask my PCP for a letter when I see him next week also. If you find anything out, please let me know. Thanks and best of luck to you, Rosemary
Ravit G.
on 7/9/03 9:55 am - Ft lauderdale, Fl
Hi ladies, My name is Vicky and I have NHP (POS) too. Well ... My surgeon is Dr De la Cruz-Munoz in Miami. He is awesome BUT Neighborhood are ********! Sorry They will require from you - at least 6 months of RECENT diet and exercise tried under a doctor's supervision. My PCP wrote my letter, my surgeon wrote a letter, even the gym where I go to wrote a letter and I have been denied TWICE because they do not have RECENT diet history. I suggest you go back to Weigh****chers and hound them for records or if you have a good relationship with any of your treating doctors beg and plead for them to add to their records that you have been dieting under their supervisoin. I had 50 pages of hand written doctor's records but none of them were recent (I had given up on diets as most obese people do at one time or another!) and they keep saying NO. I have a hearing on July 16th at NHP to try and convince them that I need the surgery. I am 350 lbs, with diabetes, high cholesterol, reflux and a thyroid problem. GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH!!! Keep me informed? Vicky Goldstein Ft Lauderdale, Fl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views