Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Cara G.
on 6/19/03 10:15 am - Coral Springs, FL
I am curious if anyone has any advice..i was just denied by bcbs ppo and im trying to appeal them...if you have done so and could offer some advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Brenda H.
on 6/19/03 11:46 am - Apopka, FL
I do't have BC/BS insurance, I have Aetna and they denied me twice. Find out exactly what they require for you to meet the guidelines of your policy. Keep a copy of everything that you send them. Be consistant and be a "bother" for them. Sometimes the insurance companies deny at first andwait for your response to see if you are really commited to having the WLS. I hope this helps you. I will keep you in my prayers. I be having my WLS on 7/9 at Ocala Reginal. Think good thoughts for me......Brenda from Apopka
Joseph N.
on 6/19/03 4:23 pm - Clearwater, FL
Cara: What tests have you completed and sent in? Did your surgeon prepare the package? Or, were you told that WLS is excluded by your plan?
JoAnna R.
on 6/23/03 9:08 am - panama city, FL
i have bcbs of fl ppo as well. I sent a letter to my insurance company specificly asking if this was covered and what information must be provided by me and my doctor in order to be approved for it. Within serveral days they sent me a letter stating everything that was needed. From weight to which med records were needed. Thankfully they responded that this was a covered procedure. I hope that all goes well and i will keep you in my prayers. JoAnna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views