TAMPA

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/09 7:59 pm - FL
Looking for a support group in the area, I just moved here two months ago.  Or hospital support meetings?
Thank you, Kristen
Michael Eak
on 9/8/09 10:25 pm - Largo, FL
Are you actually in TAMPA? Or in an out lying area of Tampa as there are several. Plus in Pinellas county too.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/09 5:49 am - Tampa, FL
Michael, she's in Tampa.   Being five years out, I am so out of touch with the local support group, or who is even doing surgery these days.
Michael Eak
on 9/16/09 11:28 pm - Largo, FL
steve she never replied as some people say Tampa and mean Tampa Bay. I know of several Support Groups but I don't have the time to list them all.
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/09 9:41 am - FL
On September 17, 2009 at 6:28 AM Pacific Time, Michael Eak wrote:
steve she never replied as some people say Tampa and mean Tampa Bay. I know of several Support Groups but I don't have the time to list them all.
Micheal I am sorry and Steve is right, we live in Tampa:)
stellarsan
on 9/17/09 12:02 am - Dunedin, FL

Hi Kristen -

Though I live in Palm Harbor, I attend two different support groups - one is at Tampa General Hospital, where I had my RNY. Here's their info:
Post-Operative Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

This support group is designed to provide post operative support to patients who have had weight loss surgery.

Dates: Meets 3rd Tuesday of each month
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Center, 2nd Floor, Rehab Activity Room

The other is at Morton Plant Hospital on Saturday mornings (the next one is on the 26th) in the Tuttle Auditorium classrooms. I've been there once, it's run by a lady named Nadine who is a nutritionist. She is great -I plan on going to this one more often.

Also, I know that there is one at Brandon Regional.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Guys, I'd love to know where there are more support groups in PInellas....especially North PInellas ( Largo- work, Palm Harbor - live)

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/09 9:43 am - FL
On September 17, 2009 at 7:02 AM Pacific Time, stellarsan wrote:

Hi Kristen -

Though I live in Palm Harbor, I attend two different support groups - one is at Tampa General Hospital, where I had my RNY. Here's their info:
Post-Operative Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

This support group is designed to provide post operative support to patients who have had weight loss surgery.

Dates: Meets 3rd Tuesday of each month
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Center, 2nd Floor, Rehab Activity Room

The other is at Morton Plant Hospital on Saturday mornings (the next one is on the 26th) in the Tuttle Auditorium classrooms. I've been there once, it's run by a lady named Nadine who is a nutritionist. She is great -I plan on going to this one more often.

Also, I know that there is one at Brandon Regional.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Guys, I'd love to know where there are more support groups in PInellas....especially North PInellas ( Largo- work, Palm Harbor - live)

Thank you that is a big help, I think I will look into the one at Tampa General cause I know where that is.  I also know where Brandon is too.  Yeah me! LOL
stellarsan
on 9/17/09 10:14 am - Dunedin, FL
Awesome! Welcome to FL and I look forward to seeing you at the meetings!  It is a friendly group and there is usually a pretty good turnout. Have a great night.

michelle822
on 9/18/09 2:35 am - FL
Hey Stellarsan

I wont be at the Support group on the 26th because Im taking a weekend trip to Philly.  Let me know what happens, please!  Look forward to seeing you on the loosers  bench after surgery@!

Hoping to have surgery around October 15 if all goes like I would like it to!!! 

Take care girl!

Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views