New support group in Brevard county!

kareninflorida
on 9/6/09 7:32 am - Rockledge, FL
If you live in the Brevard county area, I hope you will join the Bariatric Support Group of Brevard County on Thursday, Sept. 10th at 6 P.M., where we will have a "meet and greet" at the DeGroodt Public Library conference room in Palm Bay. 

Please stop by their website to sign up and RSVP.  The library is located at 6475 Minton Rd SE, Palm Bay, FL 32908.

For more details, please visit: 

http://www.meetup.com/Bariatric-Support-Group-of-Brevard-Cou nty/ 

We're all in this together!  
495                                       358                       195
Surgery/high weight       Current weight    Goal weight
8/17/09                             09/19/10

C-There
on 9/25/09 2:51 pm - Brevard County, FL
Hello Karen.  I am an OH Support Group Leader in Brevard County as well.  I would like to talk with you about merging our groups together.  Please contact me for more info.  

In the meantime....

The Space Coast Support Group (Brevard County) will host our next SG mtg. on Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2009, 6:30-7:30 p.m. The mtg. will be held at The Golden Hanger (Ladies Consignment Store), 629 S. Apollo Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901. This is located on the corner of Apollo and Bab**** Street, next to the Sonic Drive-In.  If you plan on attending, please send me a message so I know how many people to expect. Hope to see you there!  

Please bring a sandwich bag of Protein Powder to swap with another member.  Write the Name, flavor and nutritional info as well.

Thanks!  C-There 

kareninflorida
on 9/26/09 2:32 am - Rockledge, FL
Hi C-There!

Thanks for letting me know about your group.  I forwarded your message to Deb Stellfox, who is the leader/founder of the Bariatric Support Group of Brevard County.  Meanwhile, since you don't have a profile set up here on OH, I can't send you a private message.  So if you will send me a message through my profile, I'll give you my e-mail address so we can talk further.

I'll have to say that I'm very excited about the protein swap!  

Julie C.
on 10/15/10 10:50 pm - Palm Bay, FL

I am 3 weeks post VGS surgery and am very interested in finding a support group close to my home town, Palm Bay.  I was unable to find any information at the websites listed in your email.  How can I find out more about your support group and join?

Julie

kareninflorida
on 10/15/10 11:44 pm - Rockledge, FL
Hi Julie,

Unfortunately, both support groups folded after only a meeting or two.  It seemed there just wasn't enough interest (most of the attendees were at least several years out from their surgery, so I guess they felt they no longer needed support; I don't know.)

Last I heard, there was a group that met every 3rd Wednesday of each month 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. in Palm Bay.  I don't know if they are still active or not, but I believe you can call 321.951.0301 for directions and more information.

Otherwise, you'll either have to join your surgeon's support group (assuming he has one) or rely on online support.  I think OH has online support, and I know that you can find a lot of online support at bariatriceating.com too.

Julie C.
on 10/16/10 11:38 am - Palm Bay, FL
Hi Karen,

I have been attending a support group in Sebastion, I was hoping to join another group closer to home.  Thanks for your help.  I especially would like to thank you for the bariatriceating.com site, I was able to find some good recipes.  My puree diet was getting a bit boring.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views