Getting started

JoAnna R.
on 6/13/03 1:38 pm - panama city, FL
Hi All, I have been researching this type of procedure for well over a year now and i have came across a lot of helpful information. The only thing im not sure of is getting started. I have contacted my insurance company about this and they do cover it as long it is medically needed. My bmi is 61.7 i think so well over the weight. I dont know where to start. Any insight as to what steps i should take would be great! Thanks in advance
Kathleen L.
on 6/13/03 4:03 pm - Pensacola, FL
This web site is a great place to start. Best wishes on your journey. If you need a friend I am here. Kathy Pensacola
Kelly K.
on 6/13/03 6:08 pm - Panama City, FL
JoAnn, even before my insurance information was submitted I was told I have a slim chance of approval. I was given the contact information of www.obesitylaw.com and told this man has made it his top priority to help us. I would contact him, I haven't had to yet but his name is right here when and if i need to. Best wishes. My prayers are with you. I am from your area so we should keep in touch! --Kelly
ANITA R.
on 6/14/03 10:08 am - Oviedo, FL
Hello JoAnna - I wanted to send you a couple websites that have a lot of information on the different types of procedures and helpful information. I live in Oviedo, FL (Orlando) and have not yet had the surgery. I have my initial consultation with Dr. Overcash (Ocala) on Monday (6/16/03). I foudn tons of information on his website: http://www.floridabariatriccenter.com/ to include all the steps prior to having the surgery. I wish you the best and if you need someone to talk to feel free to send me an email ([email protected]) or call (850-407-977-4382. Here's another site for you: http://groups.msn.com/RNYObesitySurgeryFriends/surgerysupplylist.msnw
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views