Thursday is my Big Day....

Jeffrey C.
on 6/13/03 9:46 am - Palm Coast, Fl
Hello Everyone, the second leg of my journey is about to begin. I have started my Journey on Jan, 02,2003 with the visit to mt ppc, here we are sixth months later and I'm about to have my surgery Thursday the 19th of July. Dr. Overcash will be performing the operation. I'm lookimg forward to it howevre I still feel in the dark when it comes to what to expect when I check in. The entire stay is still burry to me... I have faith that everthing will work out fine but, I don't mind saying that I'm somewhat scared... Any advice?
Linda G.
on 6/13/03 3:57 pm - Bushnell, Fl
Hi Jeffrey, Wed. the 18th is my big day. I know how you feel. My emotions are up one minute and down the next. Dr. Overcash is also doing mine . I will be at Munroe Regional. The hospital called today to pre-register me over the phone. One minute I'm anxious and excited then I'm worried again. well, good luck with your surgery. Hope all is well. Linda
Janice T.
on 6/15/03 2:26 pm - Orlando, FL
Jeff...you'll do great. When you get to the hosp. you will go back to pre-op and from there you won't remember much until you wake up. The whole day of surgery is still foggy to me, but I remember day 2 as being miserable. Each day got better and by the end of one week I felt good. I was petrified the day before surgery and cried like a baby, but w/in a week it was a whole different ballgame. You're in for an amazing journey...Congratulations and God Bless for a speedy recovery. Janice
Brenda H.
on 6/18/03 1:31 pm - Apopka, FL
I'm scared too!!! I will be having my WLS on 7/9 at Ocala Reginal. I've been waiting for 3 years to have this done. I think that it is normal to be just a little scared and anxious, if we did not feel this way, then I think there would be a problem. I find that if I keep busy and say a little prayer when I feel particully anxious it passes quickly. I also believe that "talking" with other people on this messageboard helps. Just knowing that someone out there knows how I feel makes things seem easier. I will include you in my prayers and wish you lots of luck. Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views