Wish me luck

Teresa J.
on 6/7/03 5:50 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello to all.I just wanted to tell everyone that I appreciate every message posted on this site.You're all so supportive of one another.I have been agonizing over the decision to approach my PCP about WLS,but I get the impression that he may not be open to the idea.At this point,I have armed myself with information,and I'm ready for a good fight.Wish me luck.Peace and blessings. T.
Melody L.
on 6/7/03 11:31 am - Daytona Beach, FL
Teresa Good luck and dont you give up till you get what you want..My PCP had no problem with me getting the WLS she told me it was the best thing for me since my bmi was 61.0 so good luck and I will be praying for you.
Alan G.
on 6/13/03 2:12 am - north lauderdale, Fl
Teresa is is easier than it sounds. All most PCP's want to see is that you are sincere with your desire to have surgery and that you understand that this is not the cure, just the LAST option you have. You will need to have an appropriate BMI and have the additional medical problems that are associated with being Morbidly Obese. If you can play tennis for hours, run 5 miles per day or ride a bicycle for 25 miles per day do not expect much from your doctor. If you are like most of us that get tired from jus****ching the tennis match, can not run 5 yards or are afraid to get on the bicycle for fear of breaking it then you are in the right place. I had my RNY 3/6/02 and it took my HMO 6 mo from when I get the OK from My PCP. Best thing I ever did. Good luck and fight hard. Alan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views