Fort Myers finally has a surgeon!!!

Melinda O.
on 6/5/03 4:44 am - Fort Myers, FL
Dr. Leonard Benitz from the Maremar Group in Ft Lauderdale has just transfered to Fort Myers and is opening his own practice. He will be working out of the Southwest Florida Regional Medical Hospital on Winkler Ave in Fort Myers, he is a excellent surgeon. He already conducted his first seminar the end of May.
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/03 2:00 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Cool! I went to a seminar conducted by Dr Benitez several months ago. He was with US Bariatrics and at the time they thought he might be going to Cape Coral hospital. Dr Benitez has the gastric bypass surgery himself. I wonder if they will be having support groups in this area. I live in Fort Myers, but had the surgery in Mass. where I used to live. I will be back down there in September looking for support. Lynda
Leslie E.
on 6/5/03 5:00 pm - Naples, Fl
Does this surgeon do only the RNY gastric bypass or does he also do the DS?How long has he been in this field? Leslie Elwood
faybay
on 6/6/03 9:57 am - West Palm Beach, FL
Dr. Benetez did not do our surgery, but he did see us in the hospital post op, we also saw him at the office. You Ft. Meyers people are very lucky to get someone like him. As far as his having the surgery, I heard that too. But I can't remember him being fat, maybe he gained after I saw him.
nancy P.
on 6/8/03 2:44 am - cape coral, FL
Does anyone know when he will be starting? How can we get in touch with him? I live in Fort Myers, have already started process with Dr. in Largo, but my PCP knows Dr. Benitz, I went to the first meeting at health park with the Maremar group. Any information is needed right away.
Linda Ann E.
on 6/16/03 6:18 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
OMG, I didnt know this til just today...WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO this is the doc that i First started out listenin to him at US Baraiatric Seminars....but couldnt go there cuz my insurance...OMG know i have some renewed hope cuz I wanted to be closer to home when I had it done....thanks for sharin the info, u dont know how excited I am now...WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO...runs round room handin everyone roses (yellow of course)......and can you think of a better hospital with SW Regional being a heart institute also....he gonna be a busy man.....If anyone wants to start a supportgroup online for local SW florida i will open one up and let yall know email me at [email protected] (i hope didnt step outta line postin that offer, if I did sorry)...use SUPPORT GROUP in subject line... Linda
Melinda O.
on 6/16/03 4:25 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Thanks for the yellow rose Linda!! LOL... anyway I wanted to add some more news I heard...feel like a gossip columinst..anyway a friend of mine works at Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers and told me 2 doctors have applied for residence there also that will be doing WLS. Hopefully will be starting in August sometime. I will keep you posted if I hear more. Things are looking up for Fort Myers or should I say are getting smaller...LOL Melinda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views