First real step......off and Running.......

Janine M.
on 5/31/03 5:18 pm - Brooksville, FL
Hello, I am going to my first vist with Dr. Overcash Monday June 2nd. Consult for an open RNY. a little nervous! a little excited! I have been reading post and profiles. I have made a list of question. I have gathered some medical history. Does anyone have a good list of first vist questions? My BMI 53. I have gastric reflux ,COPD,and Sleep Apena. I am 43 years old. I worry that my health will get worse as I get older with the extra weight. I am very focused on getting this done. I feel my insurance is going to be a real fight. I just pray for an approval quickly. My family ,Sisters and parents are against me. All of them, are just go on a diet. We all know the answer to that, I have tryed every diet know to mankind. My husband is not happy he is afraid I will have problems after surgery. I just want to live........ I think it's hard for someone to understand that has not walked a mile carrying one hundred and fifty extra pounds every step. Most of my friends are supportive of my choice. That's the nice part of having a support group on-line. Thanks Janine
judy R.
on 6/1/03 3:16 am - spring hill, fl
Hi Janine I too am going to see Dr. Overcash on Monday at 5:00 will see you there Look for me I am the big one.... anyway i am nervous too but i have a co worker that had the surgery with dr last year and she is doing great did they fax you what you need for the first visit i just finished my letter about why you think you would benefit from the surgery and that you understand the complications and risks involved also your husband has to write a letter as well but you can do this after your consult also you need your medical history which you have thats great and a list of 2yrs with dates of failed diets that you can have ahead you will also be required s pysciatric evaluation which i have already scheduled with a consuelor for tuesday nite it sounds likje you have already met the requirement required by insurance they approve alot more of these then you think you can ask dr abouth that monday nite i am hoping to have this aprroved and done then end of july i hope thats what i am shooting for try to stay away freom the negativity i tell my family and friends that i love them but i do not want to hear the negativity i reassure them and give them some facts so the do not worry that i am going to die and i tell them they can go on line and talk to people that are negative if they need to but i urge them to get the facts 1st before they are negative and tell them they have to negativity away from me cause that will only make it harder for me stay strong you can email anytime and maybe i will see you keep in touch judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views