Lap Band In Tampa Bay Area? Dr. Grossbard?

Captain Scott R B.
on 5/28/03 8:54 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Greetings, I am in the information gathering stage, although I did research Bariatric surgery previously via the Internet and postings in Yahoo Groups pages.(over a year ago) From my previous research, I am fairly sure that I would be more comfortable with the Inamed Lap Band procedure. The whole system seems to be much less invasive and is completely reversible if complications arise. The patients I have chatted with via Yahoo groups in the past seem to be very happy with their choice to go with the Lap Band. And the results are similar to that of an Lap-RNY. Has anyone received the Inamed Lap Band from a doctor/hospital in the Tampa Bay area, or anywhere in Central Florida? When I first started researching this whole thing, I saw that patients were traveling to Mexico to have the Inamed Lap Band procedure. They all were pleased with that decision, but I did not really feel comfortable with the thought of "South of the Border" medical plans, cash on the barrelhead practices and whatnot. I am sure that the Doctors are very proficient, but I do have insurance and Aetna will pay for a U.S. doctor, so why go to Mexico? Lately I have heard there is a Dr. Grossbard? In Zephyrhills, Florida (North of Tampa) Who does the Lap Band. But I have been unable to find any mention of him in this forum yet. (I may not be looking in the right places) I did find his Dr. Listing, but I am interested in a personal point of view. So, if anyone out there has any info for me, please drop a line, or post a reply. Thanks for your time! Capt. Scott R - St. Petersburg, FL
Michele P.
on 6/2/03 2:49 am - Lake Wales, FL
i just consulted with dr jawad in ocala . and he has recomended the band for me i am still researching the procedure also, but he is one of the most competent dr's i have found in fl , he comes very highly recommended, and has a very low complication rate with all of his surgeries. i am very comfortable with the surgeon i am just not sure about the band and how sucessful it is..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views