already dreading insurance woes

nancy P.
on 5/27/03 10:32 am - cape coral, FL
Hi I just found this site, have been researching for almost 6 months, my tests all done except ultra sound abdomen this thurs. Saw surgeons ARNP 2 weeks ago. I have BCBS health options. BMI 60.2 , gerd, arthritis, edema in lower legs and feet. Had supervised diet (medication) for 40 weeks in 97&98 lost only 20 lbs. What are my chances of approval. Now surgeon changing hospitals, I work with a MD who stated "I wouldn't send anyone there they wouldn't know if you were dead or pregnant! Not good anyway , just had to vent, starting to worry already which I also have anxiety and panic attacks. Anyone from Lee county?
Alan G.
on 6/13/03 2:53 am - north lauderdale, Fl
Nancy, have no fear. sounds like you found a good doctor. Their office will take care of the initial approvals with the insurance company. If they reject the first time (and many insurance companies do) just keep fighting. You sound like an ideal candidate with MMP's (multiple medical problems) and a horrible BMI. As long as you can still walk you should be able to get the approval. Just be patient and remember surgery is not the cure, it is just the last alternative. You are the cure. I hope you get a rapid reply. Alan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views