Anybody out there from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area?

Leonda B.
on 5/18/03 1:17 pm - Opa Locka, FL
Hi-- I have my initial consult with my hope-to-be surgeon this Tuesday and am getting anxious. I've been cleared by my PCP, (letter in hand), and my psychologist and nutritionist. I hope this expedites matters. I am a 47 yowf with 2 kids, one grown, and a wonderful dh. I have diabetes, hypertension, and a host of other ailments. I weigh in excess of 350 lbs. and have fought this battle for 30 years. this is the end of the road for me--last resort. any body out there who can relate? I'm feeling a little scared and anxious as well a depressed these days. Leonda
faybay
on 5/19/03 11:17 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
Leonda, I don't know your surgeon, but I do know how wonderful this surgery is for bettering ones health. Afer your consult, you should be less depressed, but if not let the doc give you some meds to hold you together for the surgery. The hardest part for some is actually getting insurance approval.
Sharon H.
on 5/21/03 12:01 am - Jacksonville, Fl
You may want to email the 4 ladies listed on your surgeons site. They may have some insight for you. Good Luck.
Nilda G.
on 6/3/03 1:34 pm - Miami, Fl
Hi there I am from Miami, I had my surgery 1.5 years ago, with Dr Robert Marema, I could not be better ! I am now a size 5/6 from a size 22 and I feel great !!!!!! Good luck, tell me more about you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views