age for gastric bypass surgery

shirl77
on 8/30/09 1:30 pm - FloralCity, FL
Hi, my name is Shirley, I am 62 yrs old, wondering if this age is a problem, or do you know people in their 60's that had had the surgery.

thanks
Shirl
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/09 5:53 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Here's a link the forum for people who had WLS and are over 50 years of age.  You might want to post this message on that forum.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/over_50/

Best wishes!

Redhaired
on 8/30/09 10:27 pm - Mouseville, FL
My DH just had DS surgery on his 65th birthday.  But some surgeons do seem to have age restrictions.

shirl77
on 8/30/09 10:32 pm - FloralCity, FL
thankyou very much redhaired
unidos
on 9/1/09 3:26 am, edited 9/1/09 3:27 am - Deland, FL
On August 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM Pacific Time, shirl77 wrote: Hi, my name is Shirley, I am 62 yrs old, wondering if this age is a problem, or do you know people in their 60's that had had the surgery.

thanks
Shirl

http://www.lapsf.com/press/lapsf_study_6_2_05.pdf

JUNEA1948
on 9/1/09 11:25 pm - FL

I had my surgery just before my 60th birthday.  Some insurances are up to 65 and others are based on need.  I am doing great and it was the best thing that I have ever done.  Hopefully, this will extend my life so I can watch my grand and great-grands grow up.  Good luck/God Bless

June Ann

nanamickey
on 9/3/09 8:21 am
Look in the different Drs. sites, and they will tell you the age limit.
At 62, I had lapband surgery, At age 67, had it emergency  ,removed. At 68 in a few weeks I will have a RNY.
Hope this will help you out some. Yes we older but goodlies do have weight loss surgery ,I;m proud to say,
Look at the 50's and older forum, you really will be surpised has to how many thier aare.
The only age problem would be to be obeses with co-mobilties,
This surgery is a God send,for me,my sickness are slowly causing me the really not have a life, my Drs. are all for the surgery. My weight is the problem not the surgery to have a healthy life-style.
I will be blessed to have this surgery. I figure, would I rather have this type of surgery vs, heart surgery, or another stroke. This is for me is, hands down.
Check out the different Drs. and options for surgery. Good luck and a happy and healthy life.

Carol
shirl77
on 9/5/09 10:08 pm - FloralCity, FL
Thank you very much Carol, I am sorry i haven't replied before this, I missed it somehow. I have my first meeting at the university of Florida Tuesday night. (the group meeting). Good luck to you also. keep in touch please let me know how you are doing.

Shirl
Nancegee2
on 9/7/09 10:54 pm - Pensacola, FL
Hi Shirley
I will be 63 in Dec and I am 3 month out and did very well, have heart problems and COPD and now feel like a new person, seem to be doing better with each day.. Don't delay go for it!!!

Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views