Orlando Hospitals for WLS

talksoupslp
on 8/27/09 1:06 am
I'm newly post-op (nearly 4 months) and will be traveling to Orlando in November for my cousin's Bat Mitzvah.  We will be in the Altamonte Springs/Longwood area.  Just as a precaution (I haven't had ANY problems ) I'd like to know which hospitals in Orlando do WLS.  I know Florida Hospital-Celebration, but that's a little far from where I'll be if there is an emergency.  What about Florida Hospital-Altamonte?  South Seminole?  ORMC downtown?

Thanks for any information you can provide.  I'd like to be prepared in case of emergency.

-Elli

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
Ed W.
on 8/27/09 1:41 am - Casselberry, FL
The only local hospitals with a bariatric center of excellence are Florida Hospital-Celebration nad Florida Hospital-Ocala, each are wuite a distance from Altamonte Springs. I have had hernia surgery twice since post op and both were performed at Florida Hospital-Altamonte, so in a pinch you may be able to go there. the only recommendation is that you have to be very forward in telling them you had WLS and the rules for your diet, they really dont understand much.

I hope you have a pleasant stay and hope you dont have a need for the hospital while you are here

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

talksoupslp
on 8/27/09 1:45 am
Thanks for the information.  It will be a long weekend trip.  And it should be an awesome one at that.  Hopefully, I won't steal my cousin's "thunder" but my family does not know about my surgery or that I've been losing weight.  So, it should be an interesting weekend!
-Elli

426.4/356/216.8/165?
Redhaired
on 8/27/09 2:46 am - Mouseville, FL

I know there is a bariatric surgeon (Dr. Beltre)  in Longwood or Altamonte Springs but I am not sure where he does his surgery. 

ajvander
on 8/27/09 7:36 am - minneola, FL
I recently had to visit Florida Hospital in Celebration for complication with my band. I was very pleased with how quickly I was taken care of. I had been to another hospital in the past but was turned away because they didn't have a bariatric surgeon on call that could help. Good Luck

Its well worth the drive. I live in Clermont which is about 45 min northwest of celebration.
unidos
on 8/27/09 9:23 am - Deland, FL
Dr, Wiljon Beltre is in Altamonte 407-339-2910.  He used to be the Surgeon at Celebration and now is at ORMC and South Seminol in Altamonte

maris_38
on 8/29/09 1:25 pm - Orlando, FL
My surgeon operates out of Fl Hospital in Celebration - basically any of his patients that go to any of the FL Hospitals (and FL East is close to me) will be transferred to Celebration.  They prefer to have you seen by the expert.
talksoupslp
on 8/30/09 2:04 am
Good to know.  Thank you!

426.4/356/216.8/165?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here