Administrative Medical Assistant ???? ANYONE

seaworld532
on 8/14/09 10:27 am
HI All,

does anyone do this for a living? i am very interested in this career, would love to talk to someone who does this for a career.

Thanks so much,

please email me at

[email protected]

thanks so much,
susie
Michael Eak
on 8/14/09 2:35 pm - Largo, FL
Good Luck Susie, I am a wealth in knowledge of a few weight loss surgery procedures and revisionals. I've sent/given my resume to a few exsisting Bariatric Units here in Florida and one that was just starting but now defunked. None of them gave me a second look stating no medical degrees and the defunked one, you needed to be Bi-lingual.

I did some work in behalf of OH for a Conference finding my own sponsors and told to set up sponsors for an OH event to come to Tampa Bay. I was told bluntly they had no room for my talents.

So if your interested either I hope your well versed in Bariatric Surgeries, speak spanish and have a degree in Medical or are going to school or planning to.

Best in Prayer for your future,
Mike

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
seaworld532
on 8/15/09 1:13 am
Hi,

I am going to go to school online, i was just not looking to work with wls patients, i was looking to work in a hospital. Do you have a degree for this career? Do you enjoy it??

Thanks,
susie
Redhaired
on 8/15/09 6:02 am, edited 8/15/09 6:03 am - Mouseville, FL
Where are you going to school.  Have you spoken with the personnel departs of any of the hospitals or doctors offices to determine if they hire people with that particular degree?  From that particular school?  Will they even accept an on-line degree?  Does your school offer placement assistance?  If so, can they tell you where they have placed former students?  And did they place these students in that particular job?  If not, what jobs have they placed students.  You want to be sure that they are not just getting students jobs in any entry level position and calling it a placement.  You want to know the job title of the students they have placed.  Is this an entry level position that you are training for or is it a little further up the food chain.  If it is a little further up will anyone hire someone off the street for that position or will you have to "pay your dues" in a lessor position to get your foot in the door.

Off the top of my head these are just a few of the questions I would ask.

Red

seaworld532
on 8/16/09 2:41 am
Thank you for your replys :)))
Ruth S.
on 8/23/09 11:59 pm - Orlando, FL
Susie....if you have Administrative skills you can work wherever you please provided they have positions available.  I was a Admin. Asst for a resort for 9 years plus 15+ years experience..and when I got laid off...I got hired (by chance) in a radiology office. I did not have any medical experience in order to work though I did study medical terminology that helped me know all the degrees of testing words like diverticuliosis, cardiac...etc...that helped me move ahead. Another lady got hired and she was in banking for 20 years (still asks questions as she started the first day...(different story there)...but I developed the interest after I had my surgery as well.  However there are other things...medical assisting is like a nurse if you will and so therefore you need to get certified or a degree depending on the level of assisting you want to do. I can tell you of all the areas I've worked I do like this one...more so for the customer service aspect of it.  I have met many people..pre- and post surgery and always mention OH to them. Best of luck in your desires..
Ruthy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views