OT Roommate Question

melati
on 8/14/09 6:13 am - Miami, FL
Hi all

I am in the middle of a very bad roommate sitch right now and was wondering if anyone found a successful way to make their roommates pay the utility bills.

She called the company and closed the account. Now the utility company has it in my name. I cannot afford to pay it all. Oh yeah--she'll be moving 8/31, of course.
Michael Eak
on 8/14/09 6:35 am - Largo, FL
IF she has not given you money for this months share, DON"T wait till the end of the month letting her run up the bills higher, KICK her out now! Because she's not going to care what you get stuck with.

Contact ALL of the Utility companies now telling them the situation and ask for their help. Possibly placing you in a Bill Management plan. Where you'll pay the same amount each month. They may need some funds placed in a Deposit account.

You may need to find a smaller place OR another roommate.

If she's refusing to leave, which you may have to threaten her if she's breaking the Lease on your place. Go to the Clerk of the Courts and issue a Summons of Eviction. Which the Sheriff will come out to serve. She may have a few days to get her stuff out or Imeadiately while the Sheriff is standing there.
melati
on 8/14/09 1:47 pm - Miami, FL
Thanks--I wish I could kick her a** out!!

unidos
on 8/17/09 8:47 am - Deland, FL
pssst I'll do it

emjayel56
on 8/21/09 6:27 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
i'm guessing she paid no security or anything that you are holding and can take her share out of right?

melati
on 8/23/09 5:54 am - Miami, FL
I asked the landlord to withhold it and no go. I've decided to file in small claims after consulting an atty. I have old bills saved up where she would write how much we each owed right on there.

And yes, I can't wait to see the back of her skinny 5' 6" 100 lb. a**!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views