Looking for a surgeon in Pinellas county

Mommy0126
on 8/10/09 10:49 pm - Clearwater, FL
Good Morning Everyone

I'm ready to start my WL journey but I'm looking for a surgeon I can meet with or at least attend them seminars. I live in Clearwater but I'm wiling to travel to Hillsburough county if I need to .

If there is anyone on the board who can make a suggestion ..I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!!!
wings
on 8/10/09 11:45 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Have you researched the DS (duodenal switch) yet?  Please read about this before you make any decisions and then lets find the surgeon you want.  I am looking into revsion from lap band to DS and my BMI is the same as yours.  Keep reading and asking. 
Good luck
Wings
Mommy0126
on 8/11/09 12:12 am - Clearwater, FL

I'm not making any rash decisions..

thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 1:50 am
Check out Dr Ernest Rehnke he works out of Palms of Passadena Hospital.
In know he does RNY and Gastric Band.

Best of luck
Susan G.
on 8/11/09 5:01 am - Boynton Beach, FL
I use Dr. Richard Gordon.  He is in Largo but operates at serveral hospitals.  I went to Morton Plant.  His number is 586-3751. 

They have there meeting at MPH and I think he speaks at the 1 on Wed. Nights.  Check with the hospital for the dates.  I think it's once a month.  They also have a support group there on Saturday, I hink the 3rd  Saturday of month at 10:00a.m.

Good luck to you.  He is a great Dr.

Susan G.
Mommy0126
on 8/11/09 8:13 am - Clearwater, FL
Thank you so much Susan
Michael Eak
on 8/11/09 3:38 pm - Largo, FL
You have not listed any info on your OH profile so I will only suggest you check out all of the WLS surgeon's in the area. Covering Pinellas and if you wish to travel Hillsborough. Check above in Bariatric Surgeons.

Are you self pay? then you can go where ever you chose.
Are you using insurance through work? check to make sure WLS is covered.
Are you on Medicare or using a insurance company through Medicare?
 As with Medicare, they have a stipulation that you need to use a Bariatric center & Surgeon that has been given the "Center of Excellence Award" The only hospitals in this area are the Palms of Pasadena in St.Petersburg, Tampa General, Celevration in Orlando and one in Ocala. Plus there are other requirements with just about every insurance company.

Good Luck on reaching for a healthier lifestyle, Mike

PS start cutting out carbs and soft drinks now.

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Just M.
on 8/12/09 5:01 am
Check out www.suncoastbariatrics.com dr Tiffany jessee. She has an office in Largo and Tampa. Awesome team as well she does Rny n adjustable gastric banding. Surgery is done at Palms of pasadena hospital. Dr rhenke has his surgery at palms of pasadena hospital as well both excellent surgeons.
FLGail
on 8/14/09 1:32 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, Have you checked out Dr. Fernandez at Brandon Hospital? His next seminar is August
at 6:30 PM.  Good Luck    Gail
debosb
on 8/20/09 12:39 am, edited 8/20/09 12:39 am - largo, FL
Hi

Dr Rehnke is performing mine  Sept 11,  All the preop steps  are quick, My insurance  came through  as well.. I recommend Dr Rehnke offices
deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views