Jacksonville Support Group

themema2
on 8/10/09 9:42 am - Jacksonville, FL
Is there one?  Where?  When??  I am new to the area.  Had surgery in 05.  Miss my support group and need to find a new one. 
Thanks
sandyfeets
on 8/10/09 1:05 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
 There are three support groups in Jax---each with the three docs that do surgery here.
There really isn't a "public" one.

privatepath1
on 8/11/09 9:47 am - NF City, FL
I am in Lake City and we will be starting our Support Group on Monday August 17, 2009 at the Lake City Medical Center in "The Classroooms"..  We would be more than happy for you to join us if you wanted to drive over here.  We are not concerned as to where you had your surgery, we just want to be able to have support.  This is a battle and we all need an "army"!!  If you are interested, you can PM me and I will give you a contact phone number.

Lynne
Jazelle Hall
on 8/15/09 2:47 pm, edited 8/15/09 2:49 pm - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 08/07/06 with
Give me a little time and there will be a location for a support group in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area. I'm working on opening a shop that will also on the side have support meetings. If you need to chat visit the 103rd Street GNC when I'm working there Tuesday - Friday. I'm the Manager. I often chat with folks getting surgery or who just need to talk.

In fact get on the link below for InterAfter and you can help in setting up a group.

- Jazelle.
 Lost 170 now between 150-160. Century Cards  go to http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html Just copy one of the cards styles there and use a paint program to put your name on it and save as a gif or jpeg. Sorry I can't do up seperate cards any more.

AshleyDillo
on 8/15/09 6:05 pm - Tallahassee, FL

Make sure you post here when you get a group together!  I would love to find another support group.  The one I attend is mainly for my surgeon practice's patients, but they do allow outsiders to come to the support meetings.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Jazelle Hall
on 8/16/09 7:52 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 08/07/06 with
Right now the best thing is to get on my website and we can work out a group. My goal is to have it open to all as I remember the one in Virginia was. The main thing is to have enough folks attend to make it worth working out the room. As it is might start in my house and work out from there. We will have an area in the shop for meetings but if it gets the size I want move over to using a conference room at maybe Orange Park Medical Center or one in Jacksonville.

The main thing is to get a core group together so we can plan things out. - Jaz
 Lost 170 now between 150-160. Century Cards  go to http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html Just copy one of the cards styles there and use a paint program to put your name on it and save as a gif or jpeg. Sorry I can't do up seperate cards any more.

MSW will not settle
on 8/17/09 10:46 am
US Bariatrics in St Augustine has been trying to establish one at Whole Foods.  It is open to the public, but they do not yet have a regular date (to the best of my knowledge). 

Check usbariatrics.com for the phone number and let them know you are interested.  If they get enough people they will hold a regular monthly meeting in Jax.  Sorry I don't have names and numbers but the psychologist handles these meetings. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views