Dr. Steven Webb - Jacksonville

corndog05
on 8/3/09 1:35 am - GA
I just heard through the grapevine that Dr. Webb has jumped through the hurdles to be a provider on my insurance.

Any experiences with Dr. Webb or his associates, Dr. DePeri or Dr. Whelchel, you'd like to share?

Preop Diet/Surgery/Current/Goal
     283   /   252   /    184  /  125
sandyfeets
on 8/3/09 3:56 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
He was my surgeon and Dr DePeri was the co-surgeon.
Dr Welchel provided some of the follow up care.
Even saw Dr Hagen as part of the practice.
ALL good docs.
Novus center is the "clinic" portion of his practice for pre-and post-op WLS care.
They are ALL good... you'll be well taken care of  and have good pre-op and post-op education.

AshleyDillo
on 8/4/09 9:55 am - Tallahassee, FL

I've had nothing but great experiences with the staff at North Florida Surgeon's and at Novus.  Dr. DePeri was my surgeon and he was great.

Novus was super with walking me through the insurance process.  They knew exactly what I needed to provide and followed up constantly.  The same day I submitted my PCP's clearance for surgery and my insurance company's required 6 month diet log they submitted for insurance.  I had my date 2 days later.  I love the support groups at Novus as well.

I know you're a bit of a drive from Jacksonville, so be prepared to have to make several trips to the Novus office as part of your pre-op requirements.  You'll have to attend a seminar where they will make you an appointment for a new patient consultation.  At that consultation you will get scheduled for a new patient orientation.  At the new patient orientation you will have to pay half of the program fee deposit ($1500, usually NOT covered by insurance).  They will schedule you for a psych consult and a nutrition consult.  So that's a total of 5 separate visits.  You will have to pay your final deposit before Novus sends your info to the surgeon to get a date.

The surgeon's office charges $20 each for any forms that you need to have completed.  This includes FMLA, disability or leave paperwork.  That was a bit inconvenient for me as I had 5 different forms I needed completed.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views