OH EVENT IN ATLANTA NOV 6TH, 7TH

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/29/09 9:48 am, edited 8/20/09 12:10 am
DS on 09/27/23
   SPREAD THE GOOD WORD!

HI Y'ALL!  ( I LEARNED THAT FROM DEBORAH TURRELL IN ATLANTA AREA)  I'M JUST CHECKING IN TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE PLANNING ON COMING TO THE ATLANTA OH EVENT AND FASHION SHOW EXTRAVAGANZA AT THE ATLANTA AIRPORT MARRIOTT HOTEL IN NOVEMBER!  WE'VE GOT A DJ LINED UP, AND ARE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL OF THE FUN THAT'S AHEAD.  BESIDES DR. DAVIS, MARY JO AND CHEF DAVE, WE'LL HAVE MANY LOCAL SURGEONS IN BREAKOUT SESSIONS! KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR DISCOUNT CODES!

WE'RE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO ATLANTA, SINCE WE DIDN'T GET TO COME THERE LAST YEAR! IF YOU BELONG TO AN OH SUPPORT GROUP, ASK YOUR LEADER IF THEY HAVE A DISCOUNT CODE YET. WE WILL BE PROVIDING DISCOUNT CODES TO THE SURGEONS ON OH, SO ASK YOUR SURGEON FOR IT WHEN WE GIVE THE GREEN LIGHT!

IF YOU'D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR "LOOK AT ME NOW" MEMBER FASHION SHOW, EMAIL [email protected] WITH A HIGH RESOLUTION BEFORE PHOTO AND A SHORT BIO, TO BE PRESENTED WHEN YOU SHOW OFF ON STAGE IN AN OUTFIT YOU'D LOVE TO BE SEEN IN!

SEE YOU THERE!
KIM
Michael Eak
on 7/29/09 2:52 pm - Largo, FL
Kim, When is OH coming back to Florida. As there are many Surgeon's here all across Florida who do Superbly. Also with the "Center of Excellence" Awards. Both in Bariatrics and Body Reconstructions.  Why would we want to hear from Surgeon's 8 or more hours away?

Has the OH Presentations changed to from years ago to make it feel as a reunion with new informaion rather than the same info as the years before? I went to a few OH Conferences in two years and could've saved my money by just attending one, as they were all the same. Just different Surgeons. And only the surgeons sponsoring the Cities show. Which one would think would be open to ALL Surgeon's as space allowed in the Vendor area.

I was asked twice to find sponsors for the Tampa Bay area. And as I did, both times at the last moment. It was yanked and moved to other cities in Florida. More than three years ago.
There was even a connection made to have a Conference in the Keys.

So let us know when your coming back to Florida

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/30/09 5:28 am
DS on 09/27/23
Hello Michael, 

Thank you for your comments.  I was not working in events during the times that you've referenced, so I can't make a valid comment on that.  However, I would like you to know that the format for events is completely different, and we have breakout sessions with bariatric surgeons, plastic surgeons, dietitians, support group leaders, Zumba classes, in some areas we've found speakers to cover men's issues and we're very happy to have men joining our member fashion show, which is on Saturday night at every event!  Our main stage speakers are not sponsors of the event, but usually contain celebrities and motivational speakers.

We encourage the surgeons to have patient reunions within our events, but that is up to them.   We provide discount flyers to their offices for the patients.  The exhibit area is open to any of the practices, supplement vendors, and even things that aren't directly related, such as makeup people and jewelry.  Also massage therapy and even ortho doctors, etc.

I hope this gives you an idea that OH Events have changed...and we're having a good time...I wouldn't be surprised if Florida is on the 2010 list, which we'll be looking at within a month or so. I'll keep you updated, as I lock in the hotels quite early. Our Orlando event had to be cancelled last year, so that may be an option.

Thank you for your previous efforts.
Kim
Michael Eak
on 7/31/09 2:12 am, edited 7/31/09 2:13 am - Largo, FL
Thank You for your response Kim. I am not associated with this suggestion but maybe you might consider having a conference on this MegaYacht -
http://www.expoships.com/about.html
Their scheduled to be on the Florida Coastlines next 2010 Spring.

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Redhaired
on 8/1/09 6:44 am - Mouseville, FL
Will you be having anything for DSers, or will it all be focused on RNY and lap band as it has in the past?

red

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 8/1/09 1:34 pm
DS on 09/27/23
Hi!

We haven't locked in all of the speakers yet, nor confirmed their topics...I've seen requests for something for DSers, so we'll see about having one of the surgeons cover that type of surgery and aftercare...email me at [email protected] for more specific questions.

Keep watching the event page for updates.

Thanks!
Kim
emjayel56
on 8/20/09 5:16 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
I will be there
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here