Vacation Tips

cutiepieNY
on 7/17/09 1:25 am, edited 7/17/09 1:34 am
Hello,

I will be visiting Disney World at the end of August.  Does anyone have any tips for staying healthy while in the area?  I will be staying on the premisis.  Vacation tips would also be helpful.  For instance Pleasure Island is under construction.  Is there any night life in the area that you would recomend?
Thanks for your help!
AshleyDillo
on 7/17/09 10:21 am - Tallahassee, FL

The most important thing to remember is to stay hydrated.  It gets hot and humid in the summer here.  The parks let you pack a cooler, so you can bring in some water and healthy snacks.  It's not too hard to find protein options when dining.

If you have the ability to leave the Disney premise, Universal City Walk has lot of entertainment, such as nightclubs and bars.  It's not what Pleasure Island used to be, but it's fun to go there and walk around.  They charge a cover to get into the area with the clubs, but there is part of City Walk that is free.  I think parking is even free after 4 or 6pm.

In my opinion the best grocery store in the area is Publix.  They're usually very clean and the employees are helpful.

Have fun!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

cutiepieNY
on 7/17/09 11:04 pm
Thanks for your help!

Is there a publix within walking distance from the park?
Thanks!
AshleyDillo
on 7/18/09 2:50 am - Tallahassee, FL

Other than what Disney offers, I don't think there is any grocery store within walking distance from the park.  If you have access to a shuttle or don't mind taking a cab there is a Super Wal-Mart east of the resort area.  The address is 4444 West Vine, Kissimmee, FL  34746.  There is also a Publix at 2925 International Drive, Kissimmee 34746.

I forgot about Goodings, which might be the closest grocery store to Disney.  It's actually located in Lake Buena Vista in the Cross Roads shopping center at I-4 and SR535.  It's still not really walkable from Disney.

I haven't been to the parks in forever and I've never actually stayed on the Disney grounds.  I just know that nothing is really close unless you have a car.  I believe the bus system may pick up at the parks and take you up and down the streets that the 3 stores listed above are on, but it would be up to you to figure out the bus schedule..no familiarity with it here!  I lived in Orlando and have never been there without access to my own transportation.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views