recommend psych and nut

LIZCHAVARRO
on 7/12/09 10:21 am
live in east orlando..need the name of a psychologist/psychiatrist and nutrition that deals with gastric bypass patients.
maris_38
on 7/13/09 3:20 am - Orlando, FL
Hi there - I'd check with your surgeon and your ins co (they may have specific ones you need to see) - but the ones I went to were as follows (and they were all great):

Nut: the one at Florida Hospital on Orange Ave (don't recall her name, but she was terrific - one of only two accepted by my insurance company).  The nut I call now is the one with my surgeon's program - and she's been very helpful as well.

I had to see two Psychs - one for insurance clearance, and then one for my surgeon's program (once I got insurance approval):

Psy: Dr Pierre Lubold - he's near downtown on Ferncreek (cnr of Colonial).  I see Dr Lubold now post-surgery for counseling to deal with all the emotional stuff re: food and weight loss. He's lovely.

Dr Ferguson at Florida Hospital Celebration - she's with Dr Kim's program (she's really good - extremely thorough, has had RNY herself. BUT my insurance company doesn't cover her and I can't afford her otherwise).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views