support group needed orlando area

LIZCHAVARRO
on 7/12/09 10:19 am
any one know of a support group in the orlando area?  The one that meets at the library appears to be on hiatus. tried reaching the group and no one gets back to me.. help!!
Ed W.
on 7/13/09 12:07 am - Casselberry, FL
Dont believe that group meets anymore. Dr Jawad has a support group that meets the fourth monday of each month at the Carlton Suites near Universal, see his website for more information. I believe Dr. Marema also has a support group that meets in Lake Mary in the early part of the month.

Ed

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

zipchick
on 7/13/09 1:13 am
Liz
I have posted a dinner support group meeting in the state forums.
This is the one I was telling you about.
Join us!
zippy

Enter

maris_38
on 7/13/09 3:25 am - Orlando, FL
There's two support groups a month at Florida Hospital in Celebration.  First and second Wednesday of each month.  The one on the first Wednesday is post-surgery folks only and is with a social worker/counselor leading.

The one the second Wednesday coincides with the patient info session - so post-ops can share with folks who are still at the 'asking questions' stage. Mainly they overlap a bit so that post-ops with questions can ask Dr Kim while there as he usually attends the sessions himself.  Long term post-ops break out into their own session with Dr Ferguson (the psychologist associated with Dr Kim's practice).

I don't think you had to have had Dr Kim as your surgeon - I see a lot of folks there who have relocated her (or are snowbirds that had their ops up north).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views